Maternity leave questions

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Maternity leave questions

Postby m.sunshine » Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 pm

So I am due august 3rd, I officially got hired at my job on 8/31/15. What rights do I have as far as maternity leave? I work at a small hospital but definitely over 50 employees. My boss says that I have 6weeks unpaid. This doesn't sound right to me, shouldn't it be 12weeks? That's from the day after my last day of work so if I work until I have my son I'll get only 6weeks with him unless my dr says that I need more time and then it's at my managers discretion... In not looking this at all I thought that the only redeeming thing about the affordable Care act was the 12wks maternity/paternity leave! In located in southern Il. Any help is appreciated!
m.sunshine
Friend

Re: Maternity leave questions

Postby m.sunshine » Wed May 18, 2016 7:32 pm

I'm* liking* I'm* sorry about the typos!
m.sunshine
Friend

Re: Maternity leave questions

Postby hopingandpraying13 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:12 pm

For FMLA, you only qualify for 12 weeks if you have worked somewhere for at least a year, have over 50 employees and worked a certain number of hours. It doesn't look as though you have met all of the requirements.
Me: 24
DH: 24

09/15: TTC #1, Chemical Pregnancy
10/15: BFP at 12DPO
11/2/15: Beta level- 126 at 15DPO

hopingandpraying13
Friend

Return to Third Trimester