Mirena users?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Mirena users?

Postby jaysmom » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 am

I have had the Mirena IUD in for about 11 months now. I have horrible hot flashes since birth but the last couple of days I have been getting really dizzy, horrible headaches and the hot flashes seem to be worse.

I can only relate these to the IUD does anyone else have any of side effects going on?

DD ~ 10
DS ~ 9-3-08
jaysmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 pm

I had the Mirena for 5 years. THe only side effects I had were no AF and headaches, but I am a migrane sufferer. I also had problems losing weight.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lindsaysd08 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't have those side affects. I've had mine for about 3 months but my AF is actually LONGER than before. :roll:
Psalm 55:22 says Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you

ImageImage
Lindsaysd08
Angel
Angel

Postby MsSwan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:32 am

I had breakthrough bleeding and it took forever to get pregnant this time around. I stopped ovualting all together and it took awhile for my body to get back on track.. I also gained 35 pounds with the Mirena. I loved my copper IUD though!
Brigetta ME(38)
DH(34)
DS(16)
DS(14)
DD (2)

ImageImageImage
MsSwan
Angel
Angel

Postby kell » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm

AverysMomma wrote:I had my mirena put in, in August 2008....by christmas time I was so completely fed up with it that I finally just took it out myself in the bathroom...I was going NUTS. I hated it. hot flashes, mood swings, aching sore, stiff feet....stiff muscles...oh my gosh, it was so bad. Don't even get me started on the depression and crazy thoughts I was having..it was so intense. My poor DH...he thought I was actually going insane...like, maybe I needed to be hospitalized...I became completely irrational....all of these symptoms cleared up for good within a couple of weeks of taking it out.

I would never recommend it to anyone. After this baby is born, I'm going to try the Paragaurd....I will never take a hormone to control my fertility ever again. Ever. Again. I will have 11 children before I do that to my body....oh man.

Oh dear...I don't recommend anyone trying to take it out themselves. 8O

I have the Mirena as well. I've had it in place about 5 months now. I haven't had any issues, but I also haven't had a period since July. As nice as it is to not have a period, it just doesn't feel natural not to have one.
Baby Brett born 3-16-2009
Mama Kelly
Daddy Kerry
kell
Angel
Angel

Postby Stephie702 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 am

well i just had mine put in...and i havent had anything but cramping since but it might just be mi first pp af
~Steph-
DH, DSD 11, DD 22 months
Lilyana Leeann born 8/27/09 via C-Section 8lbs 3oz, 21inches long!
the love of my life <3
Stephie702
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kittieskal » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:16 am

I had mine put in 6 weeks after I had my 3rd baby. For 6 months, I had cramping and spotting....no AF, but on and off spotting and cramping. I got so irritated. Every time I'd do anything semi strenuous or even walk up some stairs, I would cramp and spot. It felt soooo wrong to me, so unnatural as a PP said. I felt like I was going against what my body was supposed to do and it was paying me back for it. I went and had it removed and will never have another one. I'm just so leary of any hormonal birth control. It just seems like if you are messing with your body and the way it is supposed to work, something is going to go wrong.
DD 1: 7/04
DD 2: 3/06
DD 3: 12/07
DD 4: 9/09
New little one due 8/10/11!!!

kittieskal
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester