Body Shapers or Girdles

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Body Shapers or Girdles

Postby rsstewa0 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:39 am

Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone has invested in one of these supposedly "get your tummy back to normal" body shapers. I see Yummie Tummie, Tauts, and spanx have some. Just wondering if anyone recommends. Thanks.
DD: 2.5 years old
Acupuncture and Herbs
On Prometrium till 12 weeks
Due 11/05/09
Natural MC: 01/01/09
Beta 1: 161, Beta 2: 303, Prog: 40.6
Ultrasound at 6w4d, heartbeat 150s
NT Scan and bloodwork-all good
rsstewa0
Friend

Postby Syrahfina » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 am

I haven't needed to use it yet--but I just got my Belly Bandit in the mail the other day.

Brooke Burke swears by it--and she looks PHENOMENAL after FOUR kids....of course I know she probably works out hardcore on top of it, but anything to shrink that flabby skin when it comes will be something of a "feel good" device for me...
Me (Sarah)-30 DH (Peter)-37
DS1--Born November 7, 2009 after 2.5 years TTC
Baby #2 conceived first cycle! Amazing! Due August 13, 2011
Syrahfina
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:03 pm

if i knew something would definitely work i would buy it for sure! i know i'm never going to get my pre-preggo belly back cuz i have monster stretch marks but i'd at least like to not have the flab!
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby brenjay » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:31 pm

I wore one for a while - it actually helped me be able to move better after my c-section. Your abs are shot to heck after being all stretched out like that, having something to kinda hold them in helped with simple things like getting up from chairs in that first week or two.

But I don't think it made any difference so far as getting my pre-baby belly back, honestly. It took at least 8 weeks for me to feel like I had any real abdominal function at all.

Now, at 16-ish weeks, my belly is very nearly back to normal. The skin is still a bit looser, but getting better by the day. But I'm pretty sure it was more sit-ups and weight loss, and less the belly bandit, though!

Seriously, think about it - squishing your skin into a girdle is not going to magically make it tighten up! Only time and skin cell turnover is going to work in getting things back to where they used to be. Plus, there is some genetics - how elastic your skin is to begin with. I'm pretty sure Ms. Burke would have looked that way with or without her device. ;)
brenjay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ashleyp » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 pm

i bought some spanx some time after i gave birth because i had a wedding to attend and knew i'd feel self conscious about my PP belly. but it was so horribly uncomfortable, it was a waste of $60!

ashleyp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mandee13 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:04 am

I have been wearing tauts for a week now. I had a csection so it really helps to hold everything in when standing. I have already had to tighten it three times and my waist is coming back already. I bought it in medium and small. I can't wait to get into the small. I also bought medium support control top undies from playtex. They are comfy and supportive.
mandee13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby panacea » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:52 pm

I wore the bamboo Belly Bandit for a few weeks. I don't know how much it helped me shrink my belly, but it did give good back support, which is something I really needed PP. My ab muscles are gone, and my lower back got really sore fast, bending over to pick up and set down the baby all the time, as well as from, nursing him. I have the
Karen 36 and DH 38
m/c May 2006 @ 8wks
Chemical June 2011

Owen Thomas born 09/26/09
Connor William due April 6, 2012
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a2d6a

panacea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester