Ripped stitches, what to do? *updated*

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Ripped stitches, what to do? *updated*

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 am

:oops:

DH and I DTD @ 3w2d PP and I did rip the stitches. There's no pain, excessive bleeding/swelling/redness.

Should I call the doctor on monday or continue to soak in the bathtub to aid dissolving?

I know the doctors say wait until you are 6 weeks, but mine told me that when I felt ready I could, and that the 6 week guideline was more to keep daddies at bay.

TIA!

***updated***

Went to the doctor this morning and she removed the stitch that had ripped. Nothing else tore and she said I was healing well, but would wait another couple of weeks before trying.

She did make me feel better in saying that she see's at least 2 women a week with the same complaint, lol.
Last edited by Wishingandwaitingnomore! on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah-30 :hb: DH-32
ImageImage
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nikkijames » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Well, I don't know what to tell you hon! But congrats on baby Gabriel, I've been stalking you since you got your bfp.....did you have a really severe tear that might need to be re-stitched or was it just a couple of stitches?
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby J_blackrose » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:25 pm

its better to call. Its not like he's gonna yell at you for for DTD. :D just because infection risk and what not I'd rather be safe then sorry.
Beta 1664 at 4w2d
Beta 3683 at 4w4d
heard the :hb: at 8w0d

december 15, 2009
7lbs 11oz 19 inchs long
J_blackrose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mspretty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:04 pm

My stitches came out while cleaning myself down there at about 2wks. It was only 2 stitches I didn't have any pain so I didn't call my Dr. If you had a severe tear I would call to make sure you don't have get it re-stitched.

BTW, Did it hur to DTD? LOl I'm scared 8O
Me 26
DH 33
BFP 2/25/2009, 20DPO on DH B-Day!!!
1st :hb: 179 at 8wks 4days YAY!!
:hb: at 11wks 6days
:hb: 154 at 16wks 1 day
Baby Cyan Marie EDD 10/29/2009
Furrybaby 5 Chihuahua
Furrybaby 2 Chihuahua

ImageImage

ImageImage
mspretty
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:39 pm

mspretty wrote:My stitches came out while cleaning myself down there at about 2wks. It was only 2 stitches I didn't have any pain so I didn't call my Dr. If you had a severe tear I would call to make sure you don't have get it re-stitched.

BTW, Did it hur to DTD? LOl I'm scared 8O

Thanks ladies. I'll go in - better safe than sorry.

Mspretty: It wasn't bad at all. I psyched myself out thinking how much it was going to hurt, but was pleasantly surprised! We used a condom and LOTS of lube.
ImageImage
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Nikkijames wrote:Well, I don't know what to tell you hon! But congrats on baby Gabriel, I've been stalking you since you got your bfp.....did you have a really severe tear that might need to be re-stitched or was it just a couple of stitches?

Aww thanks honey! He's such a great baby, and it's wonderful being a mother!

I'm not sure how many stitches I got, I only know that I had a second degree tear.
ImageImage
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jadie_f » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:57 pm

my crotch hurts just reading this, my DH isnt coming near me for months, maybe in time for our wedding anniversary in April...maybe :lol:
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Ya'll are cracking me up!

Seriously though, I went like the whole pregnancy sexless, and I had a MONSTER drive. So I thought "Hey..." haha

I hope to God they don't restitch me. I can't even imagine how badly that must feel. I don't have the best view down there but it looks okay from what I can see :lol:

Averysmomma: Thanks for the reassurance. I know I'm probably going to get scolded, but hey, at least we used protection! Probably would have been scolded more if I came back in with a positive pregnancy test haha
ImageImage
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester