Just had IUD placed

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Just had IUD placed

Postby jadie_f » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:13 pm

It didnt hurt at all (although I think I am still numb from childbirth). I laughed because I just stopped PP bleeding at 8 weeks, had the IUD placed 3 days later and started with HEAVY bleeding again, like a period, and cramping. It lasted 2 days now it seems to be gone, was this AF (I EBF) or just from the IUD, she said I would bleed a little but this wasnt a little. Just wondering if anyone had an IUD placed PP and what your experience was
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jcatz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm

I had the Paraguard placed 8 weeks after delivery, and ironically, on that same day, I got my first PP AF. Your experience sounds like bleeding from the IUD being placed. I was told that it was normal, and noticed my period was REALLY heavy. It continued to be extremely heavy, and I was always really crampy. I ended up having it removed because it was just ridiculous how much I was bleeding when AF showed up. I hope that isn't the case for you!
Jessica
Gabriella Lisa- 12.03.08
Michael Sean- 11.25.11
Ezra James- 02.01.14
Baby GIRL - due 03.18.15

jcatz
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby melamoo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:32 pm

I also had a Paragard after my last pregnancy. The effects were good as I didn't get pregnant, but...the painful periods and heavy bleeding sucked for me. I kept it in for 14 months and then i just couldn't do it anymore. It caused me so much pain. Truthfully, after I had it removed, I felt completely different...all over. Like a huge weight had been lifted in some way. I had more energy and everything. It was weird. I hope you have a better experience than I did.

Good luck,
Melody

and yes, I did bleed for a few days after I had it placed.
me(33)dh(35)ds(14)ds(5)dd(3)ds(2)
melamoo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester