all we do it fight

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

all we do it fight

Postby Lori05 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 pm

my husband and I fight all the time now. I feel angry at him a lot. He just got laid off, and is not working too hard on finding a new job. I am feeling really depressed. Especially because Christmas is coming. I want my husband to take care of me and our new baby girl, she's only 8 weeks old. I just feel tired and depressed. Him and I don't ever make out, or try to have sex. It is like we are just living together right now. No passion, nothing. I don't know what to do. I love him so much, but things are not right. I am so sad :(

Lori05
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meg1492 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Sounds a bit like PPD. Have a chat with your OB about how you are feeling and see if they can suggest someone for you to talk to.

And ease up on DH a little bit. Sometimes we ladies don't give men the emotional credit they deserve. It can't be easy for him to be out of work, especially with a new baby and it being the holidays.

I think getting yourself to a professional is the best thing you can do for yourself right now.
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lori05 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Thank you for reminding me that my husband has feelings too, I seriously have not been thinking too much about those! I am going to ask my Dr about ppd too.

Lori05
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mom2abandkb » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:29 am

hugs!

sounds like we are kinda in a similar situation. DH's company closed two months ago and he hasn't done anything to look for work, has a "plan" of interviewing next month.

Sex, what's that?

and Kiran isn't even home.

I keep saying I'm going to find someone to talk to, but never find the time to. But I do think it is a good idea. You need to find a way to get your frustration out, but not on him, and not around the baby.
Lisa-37 dh-33 dd-6
Kiran 8/17/09 2lb 7oz, 14.5 (pre e,HELLP, vp)
Hernia surgery 11/5/09,G tube 7/24/10
130 days NICU- reflux,hypotonia,ptosis,2 meds 2x/day
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kirangoel
Imagehttp://www.marchforbabies.org/MODWalkforKiran
mom2abandkb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 am

hang in there Lori - it WILL get easier, i promise! :wink:

if you're concerned that you may be depressed or have PPD i would definitely talk to your OB, but i had some miserable baby blues for about 3-4 weeks pp. i could NOT stop crying every single day - it's completely normal! and then after that let up i was so overwhelmed with having to care for our DD on my own with my DH back at work that i honestly cried at least once a day until my DD was about 8 weeks old. she wasn't an easy baby so that didn't help either ... DH and i wanted to kill eachother most of the time and we've never been prone to fighting! it's very emotionally, physically and mentally exhausting to have a baby - especially on the mother because you're still recooperating from going through childbirth! sometimes men don't understand what we go through ... but i agree with the PP that we sometimes don't understand what our men are going through either. they have the weight of the world on their shoulders and they probably feel like crying every day too but have to be strong!

i can say we hit a turning point around the 3-month mark when we just started to feel more comfortable in our roles as new parents. we didn't get as stressed or overwhelmed as we did in the beginning. don't get me wrong we still have our moments when we still want to strangle eachother :wink: but it's not as often and we can usually laugh it off afterward.

oh, and don't worry too much about the "passion" right now. that will come back - or so i hear - my DH and i have only DTD once since in had our DD! LOL ... just remember, this too shall pass!
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lori05 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 am

Thank you ladies, I am glad I'm not the only one who's not getting laid! Things will get better.

Lori05
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Fourth Trimester