Do your techiniques only work for a short time?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Do your techiniques only work for a short time?

Postby MotoX Mom » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:43 pm

I was wondering if when you find something (like white noise, or swaddling/swinging, or a car ride) to soothe your baby, does it seem to only work really well 1 or 2 times? Its like DD gets used to it if I use it too much and it does not seem to work or work as well...

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jadie_f » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:33 am

Di has phases, when she was just born the bathroom fan worked everytime, now it doesnt, teh Moby worked really well but the past few days it hasnt. She HATED her swing and riding in a car, but now she seems to like it. certain days she likes certain things, so keep trying everything many times to see what works. HBOTB says babies have to hit that calming reflex and I have seen Di get it from different techniques on different days
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MotoX Mom » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 am

i am reading that book now...just starting the individual chapters on the 5 S's :) good to know they discuss it there too :)

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester