Babysitting

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Babysitting

Postby trigg1313 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Is anyone else uneasy about someone babysitting their lo overnight? My DH and I have our 8 year anniversary next month. We are flying down to Biloxi but I am so nervous about leaving her with my MIL. Please don't get me wrong...My MIL is a fantasic grandmother but she doesn't follow instructions well. I hate the fact that she does not respect what I say. For some reason she will has this old school mentality. She tries to give me all kinds of old school remedies. I can tell her no but when I walk out of the room she will try them on my daughter. I understand that she has children but I follow our pediatrician's advice. We are not in the dark ages now. There are too many advancements in medicine. She actually had the nerve to tell me I should give my daughter Cod Liver Oil. WTF!
Me: 32 DH: 32

trigg1313
Star Member
Star Member

Postby haleyf » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:57 am

lol I am soo with you!! I have been with Sophie 24/7 for her entire life so far... and we are doing a date night next week just to dinner and movie and leaving her with a friends wife and I am so nervous not because I don't trust the friends wife but because shes my little girl and I have the idea that nobody else can possibly know all my babys wants and needs..so I told dh it'll be awhile before she goes anywhere over night... lol...and yeah don't you just love MIL advice lol we get it all the time!!!I suppose they know some things though because their kids are still around!! good luck, and happy upcoming anniversary !!
DD1: 11/4/09
DD2: 7/19/11
Expecting Baby #3 July 2014!

haleyf
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby J_blackrose » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 am

i totally understand. I don't think we let anyone have our oldest over night till she was over a year old. I just don't trust anyone. Heck the one time we did go to the movies when my oldest was a baby I spent the whole time looking at my watch LOL.

you do what you feel is right for you and your little one. I don't know if there is much you can do about teh MIL. I think all our parents are that way. Since they figure it worked for us and our husbands and or wives. Ya know.
Beta 1664 at 4w2d
Beta 3683 at 4w4d
heard the :hb: at 8w0d

december 15, 2009
7lbs 11oz 19 inchs long
J_blackrose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ahavati » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:34 am

I was ok with MY parents keeping her during the day. She couldn't stay overnight because she woke once a night until 9 months.

I NEVER have left her with MIL. She is like yours, when we are gone, she won't respect our rules and decisions and think SHES tge mom abd can do what she wants. The boys go over there and stay the night but they are older and can speak up.

DD's first night away from us was a couple weeks ago. I was in the hospital overnight for PTL and my parents kept her. She did well. It was actually good for practice since she'll be there overnight when the baby comes. I prob wouldn't go if mil was my only choice :blush: not saying you shouldn't, just saying I wouldn't because we font trust her enough. We def trust my parents more.
Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and Samuel

Active DVT at 11 weeks 9/2013
Ahavati
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenAsh3 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:20 am

We left the twins with MY parents for the 1st tme overnight at 5 mos. They are the ONLY people that keep my kids...ever! They follow my instructions to the letter, though, so I don't have to worry about that. My ILs will NEVER keep my kids...not even for an hour! But we're not close to them & they wouldn't want to anyways.

I would set down some very clear rules--I would always write instructions down--and let them know if they are not followed, they won't keep her again!

GL & happy anniversary!
Jen
A&D 12/12/07
P 10/6/09
JenAsh3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Secretlyblessed » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:06 pm

I do not think I woud leave my baby over night with her if she is going to be trying old school remedies. Please dont give your baby cod liver oil. Im with you on that one follow what the Ped. say.
Me (33) DH (34)
DD 12/17/94
MC 11/17/08
BFP 4/3/09
1st Beta 135
2nd Beta 453
3rd Beta 4/21/09 51,050
7/13/09 :hb: 167 It's A Boy!

17DPO Due 12/15/09

Go Army Go....... I Love my husband...
Secretlyblessed
Star Member