Clogged milk duct

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Clogged milk duct

Postby bren » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 am

So I'm pretty sure that I have a clogged duct in my right breast. It HURTS! I keep reading to do frequent nursing--of which I'm trying, but my little girl wants to sleep. And man...it hurts to nurse!

Anyone have any remedies for how I can fix this before it gets worse?
Me-Brenda, DH-Marc
DD Nadya--October 29, 2008
DD Ariella--January 7, 2010
ImageImage
ImageImage
bren
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:40 am

I had one the other day and I put a hot cloth on my breast and massaged it while I pumped (I exclusively pump) so maybe when babe is on the breast next, do that? Or if you have a pump, try that as well?
I only had to do it the once and it was all better!!!
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NYsBelle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 am

if you can pump and press on the area at the clogged milk duct that can get rid of it, or just press on that section of breast next time you nurse. gl!
Me (Kiersten)- 32; DH (Ross)- 38
Audrey Therese :babyg: 11/06/09 :babyg: 7lbs14.5oz :babyg: breech, c-section at 39w1d
Justin Anthony :babyb: 10/18/11 :babyb: 9lb2oz :babyb: Natural VBAC at 40w2d
Evelyn Marirose :babyg: 5/16/13 :babyg: 6lb 9oz :babyg: Natural VBAC at 40w1d
NYsBelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm

i know that when she does nurse, she needs to nurse on that breast first and empty it as much as possible.

i hope it's just engorged and it feels better soon!
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Clogged ducts are no fun. I would either nurse on the side, but before you do massage the area. While BFing try to squeeze the area as much as possible. I got them a few times when I wouldn't BF or pump in a certain amount of time. Always in the same area. I was in tears a few times. You will be sore in the area for a whiel after the duct is unclogged. I remember being in tears while I pumped and squeezed the area because it hurt so bad to squeeze the area but that is the only thing the relieved and helped unclogged the duct.

You need to get it cleared up asap before it turns into mastistis (sp?).

Another thing is depending on where the duct is put the babies chin there. That was impossible with me because my clog was always in the upper right side of my right breast and my arm was always rubbing against the area....om my the memories of that pain.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haleyf » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:09 am

When I have a clogged duct I always jump in a hot shower and massage the area for a good 10 mins with the hot water hitting it as well. Then I get out and feed my baby right away.. it usually helps me. Good luck!
DD1: 11/4/09
DD2: 7/19/11
Expecting Baby #3 July 2014!

haleyf
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester