Keeping track of baby...

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Keeping track of baby...

Postby Fawkes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 am

I'm looking for some type of log book where I can keep track of DD's feedings, sleep pattern, and diapers. I have to go back to work soon and when I do my DH is changing his schedule so we can keep her at home and out of day care. Since we won't be seeing each other on a regular basis (3 days a week I'll get a 30 minute glimpse of him) I am looking for something we can use to help us keep track of what is going on with her.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
Crystal | Jonathan :hb:
Mama to 3 beautiful daughters and one handsome baby boy.

Best Advice: "Just be you. She will love you no matter what." - From my mother.
Fawkes
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby agk11808 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 am

i would just make up a sheet with tables on it that has feedings/time/amount
then one that says diapers/time/wet/bm
then naps start time to end time
then you can also have a spot that has medicine time/amount given
then also a how was my day!
i used to work at a daycare and we did these everyday, when i brought my baby to the sitter i made up a sheet like this so that i know everthing that goes on through the day. if you want me to send you a copy of it let me know i would be more than happy to help!
Me- Amy 27
DH- Grant 28
DD- Aryssa 10-30-09
DS- Carson 11-19-11
DD- Maycee 8-12-13
My Blog http://www.mamakandherkrew.blogspot.com
Aryssa and Carson's announcement
Baby Maycee Image
agk11808
Angel
Angel

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Babys-Log-Book-Kellie-Theo/dp/1419624970#noop

here's one!
i googled "baby log book" and a bunch of stuff cme up :)
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fawkes » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 am

Thanks girls. I did some searching and found one I liked, so i "stole" their idea and made it into my own excel spreadsheet. Now I just have to print it!
Crystal | Jonathan :hb:
Mama to 3 beautiful daughters and one handsome baby boy.

Best Advice: "Just be you. She will love you no matter what." - From my mother.
Fawkes
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lindsey » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:40 pm

There's a device that does all that for you. It's called Itzbeen. I've never used it personally but have heard lots of good reviews about it here and on other sites.

http://www.itzbeen.com/
Lindsey

Postby meg1492 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 am

when I nannied for my sister we used a chalkboard.

It basically spelled out the nuts and bolts of their day as well as was nice to have it written down.

Wake:
Eat:
Diaper:
Sleep:
Wake:
Eat:
Diaper:
Sleep:

etc. etc. And repeat. wrote down how much they ate, how long they slept. Added any meds when needed.

And then added solids when the time was right.
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PixieB » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 pm

As a suggestion as a child care worker, make a space for "precious story moment" and get them to take lots of digital pics too. That sort of personal contact with your child's day will give you so much more than the functional numbers. It can be something as simple as "she spent 20minutes staring intently at my face breaking out in beautiful gummy smiles" or "she bapped me on the nose when I asked her who the most beautiful baby was" or "her eyes lit up and she started waving her arms in excitement when I got the bottle out of the fridge." Those are meaningful little moments that make a huge difference to your feelings when you're out all day, and it reminds dh to treasure those little moments.
Then you can gather them all up together to add to her baby days record, it could become a real treasure for you.
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester