Dollar store baby food?? (xpost)

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Dollar store baby food?? (xpost)

Postby MotoX Mom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Anyone have any info on this? i assume it is usually an "overrun" that is not moving, but i am hesitant stll. MIL was going to buy some at 3 for a $1 (gerber). i told her i was thinking of making my own (plus i want to wait to start solids til 5-6m anyway).

Anyway, just curious!

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haleyf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 pm

hmmm I personally wouldn't get it.. BUT I am extremely careful of what I give to Sophie so thats why.. Im not sure having to pay more is going to make it any better but theres always that just incase something is wrong with it...Also I am going to be making my own baby food, starting at around 5 months so I will not be getting any jars of baby food (other than what we had gotten at my shower)
DD1: 11/4/09
DD2: 7/19/11
Expecting Baby #3 July 2014!

haleyf
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MotoX Mom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:21 pm

wow, you got baby food at your shower? I think the same thing...the cost savings is NOT worth the risk. And for what we were paying for NEWBORN diapers, we will actually be saving on food! LOL

She just today graduated to Size 1 and I can get those a Costco in bulk! I would like to make my own baby food too. My mom bought us that blender thing from Montel Williams and it is supposed to make baby food :D Not I just gotta figure out how!

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haleyf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 pm

lol yes I actually got an 18 pack/case whatever you want to call it of baby food.. then they played the guess what baby food is in what jar game so I then received all the jars (so like 18 more lol). Haha oh my I am all about savings as well!! I have a goal of having a baby for next to nothing (minus hospital bills lol) so far we have only spent like $600 on her that inclueds crib,travel system, glider,diapers, wipes, cloth diapers, cover (everything else we got free from people who just had babies&baby shower!!).

Gotta love bulk! we are attempting to CD but were having issues last week so DH went to sams club and bought 288 diapers for $36 lol.I am sooo jealous you got the montel williams blender thingy.. I never get anything fun like that! I have a blender or a food processor that my grandma gave me lol. I am on the same boat as you though with figuring out how to do it.. I just figured I will put breastmilk with foods, blend it, freeze extras in ice cube trays and then bag them!!! I am probably so wrong but I guess trial and error...
DD1: 11/4/09
DD2: 7/19/11
Expecting Baby #3 July 2014!

haleyf
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ahavati » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 pm

It's cheap and better to make your own fresh food! I actually never made big batches. We started at 6m but she didn't really take until 9m. But I would take certain table foods that we were having and blend them real good. It was easier for us that way. Or we would give her semi mushed bananas or avacados!
Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and Samuel

Active DVT at 11 weeks 9/2013
Ahavati
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester