PP worry x post

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

PP worry x post

Postby Nikkijames » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I've been worrying somewhat excessively about something happening to our baby like SIDS....normal or ppd? Also some background is my 1st dh died when my two older children were 2 and 3..... Do you think this could be why I'm alwAys waiting for the other shoe to drop?
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PixieB » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Worrying about sids is perfectly normal as a parent. Your baby is one of the hugest emotional investments you will ever make, so it's natural to worry. If that worry is getting debilitating and making it hard to function with any resemblence of normalcy, then you need to get help.

You may benefit from talking to someone anyway, especially if you're 'waiting for the other shoe to drop'. You could well have some issues hidden away in there that are keeping you from enjoying life the way you deserve to. If you're constantly hanging with this idea that you deserve joys to be taken inexplicably from you then it's worth getting help. There's no shame in seeing a psychiatrist or counsellor, looking after your mental health is just as important as looking after your physical health, especially if it's keeping you from enjoying life with your children.

Think about it. From the little you've given you're not in desperate urgent need of seeing a shrink ;) But I think it'd at least be worth talking to your gp about. If you do find these worries eating away at you to the point where you can't sleep, where you forget to eat, and where it's impacting on your parenting with your older children, then it's a good idea to get help.
Take care, and be kind to yourself. It'll get easier as your tiny new baby gets bigger and stronger.
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jadie_f » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:15 pm

:hugs: So sorry for your loss. If it makes you feel better, even though we have an Angelcare monitor AND she sleeps right next to me in a bassinet I wake up every hour still and check on her breathing, I dont trust the monitor enough
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meantangent » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 am

I am sorry for your loss. I think you are normal. I have four kids. My oldest is almost five. I still wake up every night and check on all of them. Give them a kiss or a touch so I know they are ok My baby she co sleeps with me. We are very safe about it as advise by our pedi.she is 5 months now. Hugs
Mommy to 3 beautiful girls and one rambunctious boy!

Tanner kenneth ^i^ Born into Gods arms
04/25/2004 I miss my son so much..
meantangent
Addicted
Addicted

Postby furball » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:35 am

I'm sorry to hear about your first DH :( . I think alot of women worry about SIDS and I'm definitely one of them. My anxiety is probably higher since the neighbors child died of SIDS on Christmas morning.

I bought one of those Angelcare Monitors and LOVE IT! I have piece of mind in the night when I look over and see the pendulum swinging on the monitor indicating breathing. I would have paid 10x the amount for the peace of mind this monitor gives me.

Hunter 10 Brody 2 & Griffin 12/11/2009
Image 's My Dream Family!!!
furball
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby illbeyourpride » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 pm

I was also completely freaked out about SIDS, I wouldn't even let DS sleep in his bassinet, only on my chest, and I was awake basically the whole time. I think my big fear is that I'd wake up one morning and he'd have stopped breathing through the night.

DH went out and got me an Angelcare monitor, and I LOVE it. Especially since our pedi suggested tummy sleep in the crib. Archer now sleeps on the other side of the room in his crib on his tummy and I can sleep without worrying that something will happen and I won't know. When I wake up throughout the night, I just look for the blinking light that shows his breathing/movement.
Heather, 25

DS1-Archer 12/17/09 Full term, 7lbs 2oz & 19"
DS2-Cohen 1/7/12 @ 34 weeks due to PPROM. 5lbs 7oz & 18". 11 day NICU stay.

Cloth diapering, bf'ing, SAHM.
illbeyourpride
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester