for those actively attempting weight loss

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

for those actively attempting weight loss

Postby kuetoo73 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 am

For those of you diligently following a diet and/or exercise program, are you finding that the weight is coming off more slowly than pre-pregnancy? I'm following the same diet and exercise program I used pre-pregnancy, and the points are barely coming off when they used to easily come off before.

This makes me wonder if the excess weight is just part of the post-pregnancy process? My DS is three months old, so I kind of figured the weight would be ready to come off by now.
kuetoo73
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Packnutsmom+1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm

It's different for everyone! I lost 30lbs in the first 10 days and maybe 5lbs since then ( I gained approx 70 lbs 8O ) This is how it was after I had my daugher as well. I found the pounds started to drop quick once she hit 8 months and was fully weaned!
<div>Still here, back to the old name though!</div>
Packnutsmom+1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bubble1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 pm

I lost a stone and half within two weeks but had gained 3 overall. Over Christmas I ate all sorts of junk and was feeling pretty down as i'm breast feeding and people kept telling me that it would help me lose the weight. I've recently started to cut out all the garbage in my diet and do a bit more walking and swimming and I've lost 6lb in 3 weeks. I can't compare to pre-pregnancy as I've never dieted before and the only time I lost weight actively was before my wedding and I did it through running....not likely to happen with these boobs at the moment :D

Good luck!
ImageImage

Bubble1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tracylee » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:04 am

after my daughter was born I started my program around month 3/4 and lost 65 lbs within 5 months. Not sure what program you are doing but my loss was slow until I just said what the hell and started running outside. As soon as I started running,,,, BBBOOOOOOMMMM the weight melted off.
This prenancy I gained the same amount and am getting ready to start my program in one week. We'll see how it goes, unfortunately I'm not as confindent this time. My discipline isnt there like it was the last time.
ImageImageImage
Tracylee
Angel
Angel

Return to Fourth Trimester