feminine products for pp?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Fawkes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 am

I wore the hospital panties that they give you and the pads for about a day. Then my bleeding slowed down enough that I could switch to my own pads. The hospital pads were sufficent for immediately after birth. They are nice and thick. My bleeding was that of a normal period for me after about a day of heavish bleeding.

When I switched to my own I use the Stayfree overnights with wings. I don't like the Always since they changed the material on their pads a couple years ago. I find the stayfrees are much softer and more comfortable for me. I am not a tampon wearer.

I didn't have any problem with bladder control so I'm not so sure about using depends, I didn't need anything like that. I don't wear thongs or anything so I didn't need to buy special panties lol. but if you don't want to chance leaking on your own then buy some for postpartum. I only had one bad leak and it was at the hospital. I had one of those pads under me so it got on that and not on the hospital bed. If you can take one of those home with you.
Crystal | Jonathan :hb:
Mama to 3 beautiful daughters and one handsome baby boy.

Best Advice: "Just be you. She will love you no matter what." - From my mother.
Fawkes
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meg1492 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 am

OO yes those blue things for sitting on! We grabbed a whole bunch and brought them home with us. Made me feel so much better to know any leaks would go on the chucks pad (I think that was what the nurses called them?) instead of my sheets!
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ahenderson05 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am

Definitely steal a hand full of chucks pads, they will save your couches and your sheets!!
Amanda (33) DH (34) H(13) M(9) K(5) C (2) G (1)

ahenderson05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkycat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 pm

if you can't take home chucks pads or need more, go to any pet store and buy piddle pads they are the same thing and are a godsend.

Also after pp you can use them on those nasty public bathroom changing tables.
Sparkycat

Previous

Return to Fourth Trimester