Easy and Quick Reciepes for SAHM

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Easy and Quick Reciepes for SAHM

Postby jodilynn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Hubby started back at work two days ago and lets just say what Ive been eating while hes at work hasnt been the greatest. So I was wondering if any SAHM have any reciepes or quick lunches/dinners they make for just themselves. But something that is EASY and FAST to make. Dare I say it...maybe even on the healthier side too :wink: Im sure you guys can help a girl out :D
DS1: 01.15.10
jodilynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meg1492 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:10 am

For lunches I stick to traditional stuff. Sandwiches, soups, salads, that kind of thing.

For dinners..

Cook up some chicken and pop it in the freezer. Then you can just pull it out and whip up quick things with it.

I'm also all about doubling recipes and freezing the leftovers. Do a big batch of chili and freeze the leftovers. Same with pulled pork or pulled beef. Taco meat also freezes well.

I also made lasagna roll ups and froze a bunch of them. Easy to pop out of the freezer and bake up for a hearty dinner. You can do the same thing with stuffed shells. Dump a can of sauce over the top and bake. Easy.

HTH. :)
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester