when does LO get spoiled

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Michellelynn219 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:48 am

*lurking*

I think spoiling is when you purchase every little thing they want in the store just because it's easier than dealing with a temper tantrum, lol!

Love is never spoiling. You are building trust and as pp's have stated, an attachment.

My ds stopped wanting hugs when he was 2.5 and started wiping off bedtime kisses too until I told him that the kisses would keep him safe while he slept.
When I ask my dd for a hug or a kiss she shakes her head no- she's only 17 months :( Bratz!, lol!
Michelle 43
Married 8.5 years
Sahm
Nicholas 6-Concv'd cycle 18 via IUI/50mg clomid
Brianna 2.5 -Concv'd natural, cycle 24 after 11 failed IUI's
2- cesareans
May 06 dx Hashimotos

Fur baby -Gracie born 2/6/2011
Shihpoo

My Ovulation Chart
Michellelynn219
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't really think spoiling is a problem (at least until around 18 mo! lol.) but more of building habits that may come back to bite you. Some say to train them to fall asleep in their own bed starting as a NB, every time. I guess that would avoid any bad habits, but I think it's fine to use diff methods to get them to sleep as long as it's not the same one every time. This is what Dr. Sears says. He says it's fine if one time they are the swing, or in the car, or in your arms, or on Daddy's chest; just make sure you switch it up enough so they don't get TOO dependent on it and HAVE to have it to go to sleep, kwim? If you start seeing that she cannot ever go to sleep in her own crib, then there are gentle "training" methods you can use. See Baby Whisperer, No Cry Sleep Solution, or Healthy Slep Habits, Happy Child.

Same with holding all the time. It can't really spoil them. I think you will know what the right balance is. My mom reminded me just today... "This phase doesn't last very long. It seems like it does, but it doesn't." That's so true. So I say, ENJOY IT! Don't stress. You're doing great!
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Fourth Trimester