stop the tears!

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

stop the tears!

Postby kuetoo73 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 am

Does anyone know how long the baby blues can creep up? My LO is 4 months old, and from time to time, I can't stop crying. I'm not sure if its me/hormones/baby blues, or just the stress of adjusting to motherhood (new mom) with a 9-year-old stepson. I feel like I'm picking on DH, and crying over things I wouldn't typically cry about - valid points as they might be. I can't figure out if its something internal or the expected stresses of a blended family.

When I first came home from the hospital, I would cry over NOTHING for 2 or 3 days - then that stopped. And I struggled with being home alone all day long throughout my maternity leave, but I'm now back to work FT. But even since then, I've been bothered about things concerning my stepson and addressing issues with my DH that I would usually just let go. Is it hormones making me crazy? "Mama Bear" instinct, protecting the interests on my LO?

Any thoughts??
kuetoo73
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby dueinapril » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:53 am

its probably a mixture of things,feeling overwhelmed,fatigue,stress,not eating properly or often enough, and yes good old hormones,just let it out,chatting will help find a good friend to use as a sound board,or write a diary thats what i did.
ImageImage
me-mary 32,hubby jon 35 mum of 5 girls,4 boy

twins @ 11 weeks,riminy 13lbs,libby 10lbs
twins @ 17 weeks,riminy 15.10lbs,libby 11.5lbs
Riminy and Libby born 11th march 2010,35.3 weeks, emergancy c-section
dueinapril
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Tanya761 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 am

In our prenatal classes they mentioned that PP depression can come and go for a full year.
DH: 31 years old
Me: 26 years old
DS: Aidan-Born December 17, 2009
Tanya761
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Nikkijames » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

I have PPD (knew it very early cause I am bipolar) and what I felt was totally overwhelmed by my other kids, anxiety about something bad happening, horrible about my pp body and was having difficulty functioning. It is caused by hormones but that doesn't mean it's normal to feel so crappy esp because baby blues tend to come on right after birth.....if it lasts longer than 2 weeks it may be PPD. If you do have PPD I hope you will seek help because I had another antidepressant added last week and am already feeling half normal! And I have started exercising and that has really helped too...HTH!
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mom2maddie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:37 pm

I also heard that it can come up to a year after having your baby. I knew I had it but it really didn't hit me until almost 6 weeks. Well, I knew I had it after I had my DS but then I thought it "went away" until about 6 weeks. I still have it but because I already have some high frequency hearing loss, I am too afraid to start my medicine as I found out through research that pretty much all SSRIs are ototoxic (toxic to the ear).
Me (32) + DH (32)
DD (3) - Madison
DS (4 mos) - Isaiah

**Proud BFing/FFing mommy with PCOS! Doing the absolute best that I can for my little man.**

ImageImage

Image Image
mom2maddie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester