Los Breastmilk and Infertility??

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Los Breastmilk and Infertility??

Postby soojan005 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 pm

My lactation consultant just told me that there are some links between low milk production and infertility....possibly due to hormone imbalances??

Has anyone heard of this? Is this true?

I've been having problems with my milk supply and wondering if this is why? I have unexplained infertility....

Thanks!
soojan005
Friend

Postby Nikkijames » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:28 am

do you have pcos? because that CAN lead to supply issues....
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby soojan005 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 pm

NOT sure...All the test had "normal" results.

I've tried fenugreek which has increased my supply a little, but still not enough for my baby's needs.

any suggestions?
soojan005
Friend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:01 pm

My problem as well.
Have you tried domparidom? (sp)

Drink a lot of water
Eat oatmeal
Take blessed thistle WITH the fenugreek
Try a nursing tea (in a health food store)

I had next no no supply and now my babes are nursing like champs and I have decreased how much formula they get considerably!!! Try pumping once a day if you can manage it as well.

I thought I was a loss cause because my infertility was unknown as well and thought that I just wouldn't be able to give my guys any BM - but I held on and kept going at it and I'm noticing a huge increase in my supply.
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby soojan005 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks Robyn for all the great info!

what is a lot of water? I am not a drinker, so I'm having to force myself to drink....about 1 liter/day is my maximum. then juice and other drinks on top of that..(1 cup of coffee/day...thhink the caffeine is causing problems?)
I was told that if the color of my urine is pale yellow, then I'm drinking enough.

I'm taking fenugreek capsules 4 caps three times/day. How much fenugreek are you taking?
There are blessed thistle supplements sold separately? How much of that are you taking?
I tried More Milk Plus which helped, but not enough.

My baby is a lazy nurser, so I'm almost exclusively pumping every 3 hours for about 20 minutes.

HOw long did it take for you to see increases??

Thanks for all the help!
soojan005
Friend

Return to Fourth Trimester