OMG - My baby refuses to sleep!

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

OMG - My baby refuses to sleep!

Postby sparkle_tiffany » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 am

I feel terrible.... Hudson is feeding every 2-3 hours and falls asleep at the breast usually. Once I burp him and swaddle him, he is wide awake and wont settle into a good sleep.

He has not slept for the last 3 hours and I know how important sleep is for newborns. I just dont know what to do.

Even if he is fed, has a clean nappy and has had a few good burps he still wont go down. Argh, motherhood is hard work, especially on no sleep!!!
Zoe - 28
DS1 - 28/2/10
DS2 - 8/8/11

Image Image
sparkle_tiffany
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meg1492 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:13 am

Have you tried having him sleep on your chest? Skin to skin contact.
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nanners » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:11 am

I got "The Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD from my insurance company. I watched it when we came home form the hospital and it has helped TONS! Cameron wouldnt sleep unless I was holding him and I couldnt sleep because I was so afraid of hurting him. Within 2 night of using the soothing techniques in the dvd, he was sleeping in his bassinet for 4 hour stretches! I wish I had that DVD with my first 2 kids! Hope this helps! Good luck!
31, DH- 33
SAHM to DD-8 DD-6 & DS- 2
nanners
Angel
Angel

Postby Tracylee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am

You really need to watch the 'Happiest Baby on The Block " CD or read the book (DVD is better tho-) It works like a charm. I am done with my CD and would be more than happy to send it to you if you would like. If you are interested send me a PM with your address.

Here is a link to the 5s. Do them in order but you may not have to do all 5. Just start from the top and go down the list and when your baby is either asleep or stops crying then that may be all that is necessary. My DD required all 5 all the time:) My DS only requires the first 3 and on rare occasions the first 4. Just remember when you do #2 (side/stomach) that when you put your baby on his side he needs to be rolled a tad towards his stomach in order to shut off his natrual reflex. If you put him/her on their side and they roll even the littlest towards the back it won't work at all.

http://www.colichelp.com/shop/happiestb ... block.html

The link should help you out a little for the immediate but getting the DVD will be a GOD Send. OOOO and some library's carry the DVD so you could probably get it for free:)

Good Luck!
ImageImageImage
Tracylee
Angel
Angel

Postby jessesgirl678 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 pm

I hands down recommend The Happiest baby on the Block too!!! It is an absolute miracle worker. Paige is a dream baby and I attribute our success to the 5 s's!
jessesgirl678
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sparkle_tiffany » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Great advice! Thanks for the link to the five s's! I will give them a go today and hopefully we will have some success..... :D
Zoe - 28
DS1 - 28/2/10
DS2 - 8/8/11

Image Image
sparkle_tiffany
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester