wound separation

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

wound separation

Postby laylalady » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 am

it happened with my 6 yr old. i had my staples removed today and i just reached down to feel it and i felt that its open! i have been keeping a pad under my flap of fat to keep it dry, and there was blood on the pad. it wasnt a little, but not gushing or anything. i am so upset! i have been thru so much and now this. i am not going to be able to do anything and i have so much to do. it took 10 wks ot heal last time. this is not good. ill call the dr office in the morning, but i had to vent. didnt want to put it in apri; ddc as there is someone having a section tomorrow and dont want them to be scared. i am really upset.
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6
lily elizabeth born 4/2/10 8lbs 14 oz 20 in.

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Miles » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:21 pm

(((HUGS))))
Proud SAHM to 3 girls!
Miles
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby laylalady » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm

thanks magan! well it seems i freaked out for nothing. i had my dd check today and she said that the bandaid strips were coming off,. so what i felt was the space in between me and the loose strips. not a gaping hole. :oops: she said there is a small hole, but it might just be the start of something. well the good thing is i am going to have some help here. someone is going to come and help me shop and cook and stuff for a couple of weeks. i am so thankful. and i hope that i continue to heal. god, i was crying so bad last night about this.
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenn0295 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Layla, mine was still a little open a few days after I had my staples out (I had them in for a week because dr didn't like how my skin was closing... scar tissue & stuff from my last 2) It doesn't seem to be now because when I dab at it with the gauze, I don't get any blood & it itches like crazy so I'm guessing that means it's healing. I have a fun little (or not so little) bump over mine too, so it's hard to see everything. I googled like a crazy woman & read that it's pretty normal... it's just the skin that's a bit open. You just have to treat it like any cut & keep it clean & dry (hard to do where it is I know!) I use the hair dryer... it helps a ton.
~Jenn

ImageImage
jenn0295
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby laylalady » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:50 pm

thanks jenn, yeah im keeping a pad there all the time. i have my dd check it for me. she said its closed up. hopefully it will sstay that way. i will go to the dr on tues to get it checked. hows the baby?
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenn0295 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 am

I use a mirror to look (once I was comfortable enough to lift stuff out of the way to see) & just use the peri bottle they gave me to wash & then the blow dryer to dry it & mine's closed up now. I freaked out a little until I looked it just like I would any other cut... if I cut my hand, I wouldn't worry much... just take care of it to avoid infection.

The baby is awesome.. you had a big gap in age too didn't you? So you know how it is ;) Soooooo amazing to have one to teeny again. Other than the surgery part, how are you guys doing?
~Jenn

ImageImage
jenn0295
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby laylalady » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm

hey jenn, we are doing ok. it will just take time to slowly recover. it is harder the older u get, thats for sure. yes, my oldest was 22 in january. it doesnt seem that long ago though. how is your little one doing? and what is the age gap between yours? it is wonderful having a little one again. i am treasuring every second since this is definetely my last.

i cant find our hand mirror for the life of me, and im not in any shape to go to the store for one, so ive been having dd check it for me. i think i really need to go get it checked. i have some signs there may be a problem. i do have an opening down there although she said its not too big. by the way she showed me, maybe an inch? last time it was 5cmx8cm. and its discharging a lot of blood and its more painful than it was, and even more in the upper part of the tummy around my belly button, and its also very hard in my stomanch. i feel a little fluish, but dont seem to have a fever. ill take my temp to check. i just need to find someone to take me to the hospital. i dont know if i should wait til tues when im supposed to go or not.
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenn0295 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Oh be careful if you think it's more serious... The medical assistant did tell me an infection of just the skin opening wouldn't be a huge deal, but it needs to be looked at. I felt fluish one of the nights when we were first home & it turned out to be nothing... if you still feel bad tomorrow though, you might call & see what the dr thinks,

My oldest is 14, then dd is almost 8, so it hasn't been too long, but long enough. I'm not sure Brandon is my last... I hope not but the dr said I had A LOT of adhesions & they had some trouble... I have to ask what he thinks at my 6 week.

I hope everything is ok with you & you're feeling better!
~Jenn

ImageImage
jenn0295
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby laylalady » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm

thanks jenn! 14 yrs difference is nothing to sneeze at either! thats great if u are planning on having more. i think since im 42 and am single that this is really it for me though. lol. if this wasnt the case, id like to have more too. the dr said i had a lot of scar tissue when she was in there. yuck. i didnt ask if i could have more this time. i guess it gets a little riskier with each one, but i know someone who had 4 sections. and i heard of someone on tv who had 6, so im sure they had lots of scar tissue also. i wonder if they cut it out or just cut thru it? i actually could see the reflection of my stomach in the big overhead light and saw them cutting and i saw them take her out and the placenta out. it was pretty cool. i did not watch the whole thing. i avoided it at first, but curiosity got the better of me.

im planning on driving myself on tues to the dr. sometimes u have to do what u have to do. but im just not sure if i should wait til then. im sure if i call, they will tell me to come in. then usually what happens is once i get there it seems it was for nothing. but since there are signs that something is wrong i just dont know. i dont want it to get worse. i have these girls to take care of. ill probably call tomorrow and see what they say. im just really run down and had to sit down after washing the dishes.
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenn0295 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 pm

I don't know how my other post got in here (it was meant in response to something totally different!!)
I don't know where my head is lately ;)
Last edited by jenn0295 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Jenn

ImageImage
jenn0295
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby keenan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Holy cow just read this.. So sorry layla!!! =( I hope things get better for you quicka dn that I was closer so I could come help you out. This sucks! Im glad you have someone to come help out for a bit tho.
dh-ryan-21
me-keenan-20
furbaby-weezy 1 year
ttc-1.5 years
BFP 23-08-09
1-13-2010 - confirmed girl! Cant wait to meet you Sophia!
Welcome Sophia! =) March 22nd 2010, at 12:42 pm
4 pounds 15 oz, 18.3 inches

keenan
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester