almost 12 weeks post partum, and still not healing....

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

almost 12 weeks post partum, and still not healing....

Postby hnb » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Has anyone else ever had this problem??

My daughter was born very quickly...as a result of this I had a 1st degree tear on my perineum and several small tears on my labia. Doc stiched everything up, and at my 6 week check up said one of the tears on my labia had not completely healed yet...he had 'never seen that before'. He said that explained the burning pain I was feeling when I uriniate. Saw him again 9 weeks post partum because it was still burning when I pee. He said it was 'almost' healed so he didn't need to restitch it. Well, it still burns like hell when I pee, so today I got a mirror to look...and the tear on my labia is healed, but there are 2 small tears, one on each side, way up by my urethra...right where I feel all the burning! I can't believe the doc never saw these tears! I don't know what to do at this point...I can't believe almost 12 weeks and they are not healed yet. I know if I call the doc he'll probably end up stiching the tears...Dh and I haven't even had sex yet, as I've been waiting for the tears to heal so we don't make them worse...this is so frustrating!
Has anyone else taken this long to heal?
HB
Baby girl born Jan. 18, 2010...Earned my Gold Star!
-3 prior m/c
-fertility testing found protein s deficiency and elevated levels of anticardiolipin anitbodies
-Baby Girl born July 07 with help of heparin and baby aspirin
hnb
Angel
Angel

Postby jojosmomma » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Me me me! Except I had a c-section! On Dec28 I had a epi to turn LO into position then my Dr broke my water in hopes that he would stay head down. Well LO moved away and my Dr stuck her whole hand and arm and who knows what else up there to get LO to move his arm out of the way. My Dr did this twice to get him to move his arm. Good thing I had the epi cause I didnt feel anything and Im sure it would have hurt really bad. My mom said that my Dr was elbo deep while doing this. I ended up with a c-section cause LO didnt want to come out head first. I am just now starting to heal down there from where my Dr did all that. I feel like I gave birth vaginally and its taking a long time to heal. Funny thing is with my first two I did have them vaginally and it never took me this long to heal! I feel like my Dr raped me! Needless to say, I will never go back to her! Last weekend I was still really red down there. I dtd with dh anyway and it burned so bad! I am healing but very slowly.
Renee, 30
DS#1: Josiah (born 10/4/04, 8lbs 5oz)
DS#2: Andrew (born 4/29/08, 8lbs 14oz)
DS#3: Kaedrin (born 12/28/09, 8lbs 8oz)
DS#4: Lathan (born 8/23/11, 7lbs 12oz)
baby #5 due September 3, 2013 It's a GIRL!!!

ImageImage
jojosmomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hnb » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 am

First...thanks for your reply! It's nice to at least know I am not the only one going through this!

Second...OHMYGOSH! I can't believe you had a c-section and are still having to deal with damage 'down there'! That is so unfair!

I'm also amazed that I've had more problems this time than I did with my first. With her, they had to use the forceps to pull her out and I only had 1 tiny little tear. I guess I just pushed this one out way too fast and the tissue didn't have a chance to stretch..I just tore all over the place!

I too am healing very slowly. I started using my peri bottle again and that is helping with the burning when I pee. I decided I'm not going to call doc. again. I don't want to get stitched up again...I'd rather just wait however long it takes to heal on my own! DH and I finally DTD this weekend...it was sore, but not horrible. He said it's more like "science experiment sex" at this point! Someday it will be normal again!
HB
Baby girl born Jan. 18, 2010...Earned my Gold Star!
-3 prior m/c
-fertility testing found protein s deficiency and elevated levels of anticardiolipin anitbodies
-Baby Girl born July 07 with help of heparin and baby aspirin
hnb
Angel
Angel

Postby plumeriamommy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 am

I had an episiotomy as well as tears on each side of my labia. I'm still sore, when hubby and I are together is when I feel it. It was worse before. I'm am 14 weeks post tomorrow.

Mine was a result of a big baby fitting through something she shouldn't of came through. She was 9lbs 1oz and actually got stuck with her head and right shoulder out. It was the hardest thing I have been through yet.
She's here!!!!!
Me 36 10/21/74
Hubby 44 3/23/66
Isabella 16 4/8/1994
:angel: 4/1/1999
Johnny 9 7/18/2001
Kaeli 7 4/16/2003
:angel: A boy 4/19/2004
Lola 10 months 1/22/2010
EDD 5/9/11 :angel: 9/18/2010
plumeriamommy
Angel
Angel

Postby *Jessica* » Sun May 16, 2010 10:06 pm

I am only 17 days PP and I have a long road to recovery. Dr said I had beyond 4th degree tears...I had 160 stitches total. I just noticed last night a long string so I got out he mirror to check things out....my stitches have re-opened. Dr said I need to come in tomorrow but more than likely have to repair it again in 6-8 weeks. Ds's shoulder was stuck and when I pushed he popped through and his shoulders came out horizontal instead of vertical....major damage.

If I were you I would call the dr. If it needs to be fixed there is no reason to put it off any longer...get it done and get feeling better. (((HUGS)))
Boyd and Jessica
Angel Babies-2004, 2008, and 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
We have a BABY and a hb of 125 and measuring 1 day ahead:)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester