pp water retention

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

pp water retention

Postby laylalady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:34 pm

i had this with my 6 yr old. they gave me a diuretic and i lost 39 lbs in 12 days! this time they dont want to give me anything. i have it in my feet and in my stomach. my stomach is really bad. the skin is hot and u can see every pore in it enlarged. its really hard too. pretty gross. my belly button is an innie, and its all puckered and swollen. it looks like a huge butthole!

i noticed today i am peeing a lot, so maybe its starting to come out? my arms look thinner. im overweight to begin with, but im feeling a big difference now. except for this stomach which is pretty painful. i go to the dr tomorrow, so ill see what they say.

im just wondering if anyone experienced this, id love to hear about it. the feet i can understand, but the stomach?
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6
lily elizabeth born 4/2/10 8lbs 14 oz 20 in.

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 pm

I had this plus post-eclampsia after Gabe was born. They prescribed Lasix and I lost 25 lbs in 2-3 days. It hurt so bad to move, felt like my skin was going to pop. Also had it from upper legs all the way down to feet.

Be careful if they do prescribe diuretics though. Not sure what your method of feeding is, but it hinders breastmilk production.

ETA: The lortab they give you also hurt your production. No one told me this.
Last edited by Wishingandwaitingnomore! on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah-30 :hb: DH-32
ImageImage
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby laylalady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:30 pm

your little boy is beautiful! i remember when u got your bfp. wow, time flies.

i am pretty sure that is what they gave me last time, the lasix. it didnt mess with my milk supply then, but this time im having feeding issues and i wouldnt want to mess with that. yes, it does hurt a lot. my stretch marks are actually bubbled up instead of like indents. it looks lovely. i cant wait to go see the dr tomorrow.
me-Layla-43
3 DD's-22,9, and 6
lily elizabeth born 4/2/10 8lbs 14 oz 20 in.

laylalady
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Aww TY Layla! He's my :hb:

Hope the swelling goes down and your feeding issues get resolved. It was so frustrating for me. I didn't get my milk in for 10 days. :(

Now go prop those feet up. :) Hope everything goes well with your doctors appointment today. Keep me updated.
Sarah-30 :hb: DH-32
ImageImage
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester