Witching Hour? Night screaming..

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Twinklebug » Mon May 03, 2010 7:08 am

My little boy also screamed at night when we put him down for the first 11 weeks or so. He just stopped doing it this past week, and I am eternally grateful, LOL.I tried everything-the mobile, giving him an extra bottle, Mylicon drops..but he would still scream on and on. He never cried any other time of the day (except when hungry or in need of a diaper change) so I dont think it was colic. Some babies just do have their witching hour. But it does stop-so hang in there !! :)
Me: 30; DH: 33; TTC #1 23 months; May-June IVF #1 6/13/09 5 day ET, tranferred 2 blasts, 3 snowbabies on ice. Beta 10dp5dt: 239 Beta 12dp5dt: 568 Beta 16dp5dt: 3026 B/G Twins Born 2/14/10 Aug 2011 FET #1 8/24/11 Transferred 1 Day 6 Blast  9dp5dt Beta : 95 13dp5dt Beta: 816, Singleton!! HB 160
Due Date May 13
Twinklebug
Star Member
Star Member

Postby snchart » Thu May 06, 2010 8:42 am

We've had that with our kiddo too - sometimes it would start as early as 3pm, could be anytime between 3-9pm and would usually last awhile. We tried the 5 S's (Happiest Baby on the Block) and that helps somewhat. Also tried Mylicon drops and Gripe Water which didn't help much. Finally discovered at our 2 mo. pedi appt. he has acid reflux, which I think has played a big role in his fussiness - he's constantly refluxing and gagging, even if he's not overtly spitting up, and the acid from his tummy is making his esophagus hurt. I also discovered that if he doesn't stick with some sort of loose nap routine (three-four naps a day) and we don't get him to bed by 7pm, he's definitely fussier. Whew! Quite a combination to figure out, but it's getting better for us. Hope you figure out the combination for your LO as well and finally start to get some peace! Good luck Mama!!
snchart
Angel
Angel

Previous

Return to Fourth Trimester