time for another?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

time for another?

Postby kuetoo73 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 am

I'm a soon-to-be 37 year old with a 7-month-old DS at home, in addition to a part-time nine-year-old SS. DH and I plan to have another child together. With my biological clock ticking between my ears, we're inclined to start trying again toward the end of the summer - last time we got pregnant on the first shot, so it seems we're talented in this area. I love the idea of DS having a little playmate that is close in age; yet I'm fearful that he'll be robbed of the attention deserved to him at such a young age. Just curious to know if any of you are in a similar position - would love to hear your thoughts!
kuetoo73
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Tue May 18, 2010 1:33 pm

not in a similar position but i say go for it if you're ready! i'm sure your kids will love being close in age :P
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby zoomom » Sun May 23, 2010 1:01 am

I just gave birth last month to twin girls. Neither one will be robbed of any attention. If anything they get a lot of attention all the time. They have a playmate when they get a bit older to help keep them occupied. I love having two babies so close in age that my husband and I are going to let nature take its course and if I get pregnant immediately again then so be it. I'd be thrilled to add another baby to the mix! I say go for it and add another baby to your family. :)
zoomom
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby meantangent » Sun May 23, 2010 8:31 pm

If you are ready and that is what you desire go for it.. My kids are all close. I have a 5yr old, a 3 yr old, a 2 yr old and a 9 month old. None are robbed of any attention. We all have our special something something that is just between us.. Then we also have our group stuff too!! I love them all eaqually and they get equal time too!!

If you are ready. Go for it!!!
Mommy to 3 beautiful girls and one rambunctious boy!

Tanner kenneth ^i^ Born into Gods arms
04/25/2004 I miss my son so much..
meantangent
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NJK » Sun May 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Mine girls are 13 months apart exactly. I had my 2nd 3 weeks ago. Im finding it very hard - DD1 is SOOOOO full on, this new baby sort of comes second a lot of the time.

But on the upside I am done with pregnancy for a very long time and they are going to be able to share everything and grow up together. I feel very lucky. I always wanted twin girls when I was little, and I got almost that.

It really depends on what you want but I believe any way you choose to space your children has advantages and disadvantages.
Me 30, DH 32
DD1 Heidi (1 Apr 09)
DD2 Lulu (3 May 10)
Not Trying, Not Preventing... (translation = trying without obsessing, not actually preventing at all)
NJK
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby booboo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:42 pm

my older girls are 17mo apart and they are best friends. It certainly has been hard having my kids so close together in age, but it has worked out for us. Just make sure you have lots of support and then go for it!
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Stars0245 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:29 pm

My two are 19mons apart and I love having them close in age! Then again I do daycare so I have 4 kids 3 and under with me all day and it is a lot of work at times but also so great! I don't feel like anyone is hurting for attention. I actully Dh and I are ready to add another to our family. There is plenty of love to go around! :)
Me: 31 Dh: 32

Stars0245
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:51 pm

We found out that we were pregnant with the twins when Grifyn was 8 months old and Grifyn and the twins get all my attention its just at different times, but you know what?! It works well for us and I wouldn't have had it any other way!!! I think that because you have an idea of what the worst could be (lack of attention to each child) you will go out of your way to make sure that, that doesn't happen!

Heck, if I can manage twinfants and a 21 month old....you can do it!!!!
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momto10plus » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm 37 yrs. old and just had my 11th. We are TTC now. I feel my clock is ticking as well. The closest spaced children are my twins and my 10th child. They are 15 months apart. They get along so well. I tried to space my 11th child close as well but didn't work out that way so they are 21 months apart. Although I'm very busy I don't feel like my kids go without. I love how close they are. Most of my kids are 22 months apart but I would love to have some that are even closer. Good luck on TTC.

Denise
momto10plus
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chrisandkarene » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:29 pm

I am pregnant with number 2 (it was a surprise) and the kids will be 18 months apart. In a lot of ways I have decided this is a great age difference. DD will not remember life before the baby gets here. I really think they will be super close. DD loves babies..

if you and dh feel ready def go for it
Karene(me) 29
Chris (dh) 30
Jewel Nautica (dd)2 June 2009
Tucker Jordan (ds) 6 months Jan 2011
Chrisandkarene
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby funshine » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:25 am

mine are 13 months apart and they love eachother so much, alfie is always giving millie kisses and cuddles and she could watch him for hours on end. they make my heart melt every day
ImageImage
funshine
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jojosmomma » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:21 pm

My kids are almost 6, 2 and almost 7 months. I like having my kids close in age and wish they were a little closer. I want 1 more but hopefully not too far down the road!
Renee, 30
DS#1: Josiah (born 10/4/04, 8lbs 5oz)
DS#2: Andrew (born 4/29/08, 8lbs 14oz)
DS#3: Kaedrin (born 12/28/09, 8lbs 8oz)
DS#4: Lathan (born 8/23/11, 7lbs 12oz)
baby #5 due September 3, 2013 It's a GIRL!!!

ImageImage
jojosmomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RubyAnne » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm

I am going to be 35 on the 16th and my baby will be one on the same day (yes he was born on my birthday). Well we are sort of trying not preventing because it took us about three years to get Eian. I am scared that it will happen fast and I will have two wee ones. But on the other hand I love the idea of Eian having a brother or sister. My husband is 49 and I am going to be 35 so I worry that we will leave him and he will be alone. I want him to have some family. If I am pregnant this month he will be about 20 months when I have the baby. A little scary but I think God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Plus if I wait too long I may miss my window. One of the downsides of starting a family later in life. If you are ready to take on the challenge I say go for it. There is always enough love. Good luck.

ImageImage
RubyAnne
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lizc0002 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 pm

IDK, if you got pregnant easily with the first at 37, I don't think you necessarily need to be in a rush, I had my first at 34, 2nd at 37 and last surprise baby at 39. If you do not have fertility issues waiting a year may not be a problem at all for you. My closest are 22 months apart and personally I can't imagine them being spaced closer, but that is just my experience. My first two are 3 years apart and that personally was the best spacing for me (not that I would change anything at all, I love my family)

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sassie111 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:53 am

My last 2 are 20 months apart (we started TTC when our son was 9 mos)... baby is only 2 weeks old but so far things are going great. There has been times where my son felt a little left out but we do the best we can to remedy that quickly and as the days go by its getting a lot easier to manage both of their needs without delay. He loves his baby sister, always kissing her and rubbing her head...
Me (Christina) 33, DH 35, DD 14, DS 11, DD 9, DS 3, DD 2
MC ~ Nov. 07', 9 weeks
MC ~ Oct. 11', 11 weeks
Chemical ~ Jan. 12', 4 weeks
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sassie111
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester