Belly binding

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Belly binding

Postby hoping4another » Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Anyone do belly binding postpartum. I have looked into the "Belly Bandit" and similar items... just wondering if they are worth the money and have good results?
I have had separation of the abdominal muscles with these last two pregnancies and I am anxious to see if this will help.

me: 32
DH:35
DS1: 5 years old
DS2: born 10-8-08
baby BOY #3 due Aug 31, 2010!!!
hoping4another
Angel
Angel

Postby sherry2010 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:51 am

absolutely. i had a diastasis myself. it was 3 fingers, and now i can't even come close to fitting one in, it's like 1/2 a finger, that is why i use the term HAD, since it shrunk down to normal, shockingly to me anyhow, and i was very worried about it. thought i'd need surgery and always look preggo, but that bulge is gone when i sit up and strain, completely, and no mummy tummy bulge, everything is back to flat now. i will wear it for 12 weeks. 1 more week from now. a belly binder is the best money i ever spent, especially when i thought i migt need plastic surgery after twins, how much cheaper was that? lol
:lol: , plus i was back in my pre preggo clothes extremely fast. i totally think 995 of it was the binder

GL
sherry2010
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LaurieLou » Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 am

I bought the Jolly Jumper one, which I don't recommend unfort. I stopped wearing it after a couple weeks cause it got all bent out of shape and uncomfortable. So I don't think it ever did anything for me.

Sherry, I am so so so jealous of you!
I'm 8 weeks PP with a belly that bulges and makes me sad...do you think it would be worth it to invest in the belly bandit one? Sherry, do you wear it 24/7?

L
Me: 37 DH: 36

Expecting number 2!!

Lana Ann Catherine Jones
March 27, 2010, born at 3:08PM
7lbs & 14oz
21 inches long

LaurieLou
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby happymedium » Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 am

My hips grew with DS2 so I decided with this one to get a belly binder and a Hip Shrinkx...one around the waist and one around the hips that you wear from birth to 8 weeks PP, while the Relaxin is still in the body and cartilage is still soft. It claims to shrink your hips back to pre-pregnancy width!! I am stoked to see if it works! They're coming with me to the hospital!!!
happymedium
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Fourth Trimester