C-section mammas

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

C-section mammas

Postby amy2009 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Just wondering how the ladies who had c-sections recoveries are going? How long did you bleed for? What kind of chores or outings did you do and how soon after? I want to visit family who live near this week ( puts me at one week pp) who are unable to travel but feel like it may be a bt soon for the baby to be out? Are you still having aches and pains from the pregnancy? Also curious about sex!! How soon after the csection did you get down???
Me-Amy(23) DH-Tony(31) DD-Mackenzie(6) EDD-Levi Vaude 5/21/ born May 18th 2010 via scheduled c-section, 10.7 lbs 21 1/2 inches long and his head was 15 1/2!!!!!Married since 7/18/2009
amy2009
Angel
Angel

Postby zoomom » Mon May 24, 2010 11:52 am

I gave birth to twins via C-section almost 6 weeks ago and I'm still bleeding :(
However, it only felt like I was slow for the first 3 days after the surgery and then I felt like normal again. I was driving (which I wasn't suppose to do), climbing stairs and running around right away. I kinda had to since I had twins. One of my twins was in the hospital for a week after I came home with the other one so I was running to and from the hospital 2x a day. Everone told me a c-section is such a long, painful recovery time but so far I am happy I had it done and it was a piece of cake.
zoomom
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby amy2009 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

I have been the same way I am 6 days pp and since my 3rd day pp when we came home I have been up and down the stairs doing laundry taking dd to school etc. And feel like what if I am ove doing it? I would think my body would be letting me know I'm over doing it somehow but unfeeling fairly normal aside the usual back aches now that I have lost the preggo belly I am luggin these milk jugs around now. My knees hurt too but I'm sure it was from the 10.7 lb baby I carried around! Thanks for your response and hope to hear more ladies stories of recovery!
Me-Amy(23) DH-Tony(31) DD-Mackenzie(6) EDD-Levi Vaude 5/21/ born May 18th 2010 via scheduled c-section, 10.7 lbs 21 1/2 inches long and his head was 15 1/2!!!!!Married since 7/18/2009
amy2009
Angel
Angel

Postby Laureenjellybean » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 am

For me, the bleeding stopped around 2 weeks out and came back for a few weeks around 3 weeks. I was terrified that I was hemorrhaging or something because I hadn't been bleeding and then outof the blue, it was like an AF gush! It didn't last long though.

As far as the pain, the first few days, I felt great. I REALLY overdid it. 5 days post section, i was at my baby shower. The day I was released from the hospital, I was at babies R Us...he came early and we didnt' have what we needed!! I took the pain meds for around a week or so around the clock. I had pain if i overdid it for about 5 weeks. If you feel find and your incision looks great, I wouldn't worry about it. TRUST ME, you'll know it if you overdo it, because you'll barely be able to stand up straight from the abdominal/back pain.

Oh, and we DTD at just under 3 weeks. (That's why i freaked out about the bleeding because it started back up about a day after we DTD!) Must have been the hormones going crazy, because I was ready an raring to go! LOL Hope you have a quick recovery!
Me: Laureen (30)
DH: Kenny (30)
Ds:Carter (2) (born Feb. 23, 2009)
DD: Calliana (born Oct 3,2010)
:angel: Feb 08' Baby Angelo-left us to Triploidy
:angel: :angel:-Nov 09' twin blighted ovum
:angel: July 11' early m/c
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Stars0245 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:40 pm

I am one that takes longer to recover. Also I am a plus size girl so I don't know if that might make a difference. I didn't totally feel back to complete normal until around 4wks and I think with my first the bleeding lasted close to 7wks and with my 2nd it was more like 5ish. I am just a bleeder I guess--I always have real heavy periods too so again maybe that has something to do with it too. Also my incision both times took a little extra time to heal, but never any infections with it or anything. Oh and it was after my 6wk check both times that we DTD and ow did it hurt!
Me: 31 Dh: 32

Stars0245
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mom2abandkb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:02 pm

I definitely overdid it after my emergency c section. I had no choice but to force myself to walk in order to see my baby. The walk to the NICU was a long one, but I managed it, but I think I took much longer to heal and start to feel normal again.

My advice is just don't over do things, try to take it easy, don't do much lifting. Definitely walk! Personally I wouldn't take the baby out much for the first month at least, but to each his/her own decision of course.

My bleeding was very light and I was really surprised because I was armed with the heavy pads from the hospital. I switched to my light, thin maxi pads by the 1st day I was home and it lasted about 3 weeks.

I can't tell you about DTD unfortunately, sad, I know.
Lisa-37 dh-33 dd-6
Kiran 8/17/09 2lb 7oz, 14.5 (pre e,HELLP, vp)
Hernia surgery 11/5/09,G tube 7/24/10
130 days NICU- reflux,hypotonia,ptosis,2 meds 2x/day
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kirangoel
Imagehttp://www.marchforbabies.org/MODWalkforKiran
mom2abandkb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby klbrown79 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:36 pm

my recovery was okay, I was up walking within 8 hours and went home the next day and went grocery shopping with DH and baby to get out of the house. The shopping was a bit much so soon, but I was out and about on the 4th day, took a two hour drive to visit family, I did my house cleaning still, I look back and think I should of taken it a bit easier but, I still had a lot of family helping me. I only bled for about 8 days and the first 2.5 days were pretty heavy. I got my period back after 3 weeks since I was not Breast feeding. I think there is no reason not to go visit your family if they cannot make it in, even though it would be much easier if they came to see you. I found to have a pillow on my incision and when someone would make me laugh I would put pressure on the pillow so it wouldn' hurt.... and take your tylenol
klbrown79
Angel
Angel

Postby rachelrhin0 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Was feeling better about 2 weeks out. As for sex, still not havibg it due to bleeding and other pp discharge. I'm 6 weeks out now.
Rachel (30) Wife to Ryan (34)
Carly (11/15/07-3/9/08 ) Hannah (stillborn 32 weeks 11/7/08 ) Noah (35 weeks 6/30/10)
Due in Fall 2012 Facebook Group

Follow me on YouTube!
rachelrhin0
Addicted
Addicted

Re: C-section mammas

Postby ssgt_wifey_usmc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

how the ladies who had c-sections recoveries are going?
its going, everything is healing up normal.

How long did you bleed for?
I'm not 4 days pp and has been lightened up in the last 2 days.

What kind of chores or outings did you do and how soon after? we actually did a trip to wal-mart and it was soooo bad idea, i was ready to throw down with some of the idiotic people who seem me pushing a newborn and walking slowly and they wanna smoke. Then got overwhelmed on the way hope just started to ball. lol joys of haywired hormones

who are unable to travel but feel like it may be a bt soon for the baby to be out?
i get the wanting to head out itch, but i know that i shouldn't as i can't walk at normal speed.

Are you still having aches and pains from the pregnancy?
No, just more from the c-section.

How soon after the csection did you get down???
Ummm...i'm sure DH has his own countdown. doc told us healing time is 6 weeks.
~Carolyn (GRAND OPENING)
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
ssgt_wifey_usmc
Angel
Angel

Postby lami » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm

I bled heavy for the first 5 days then like a light period for another week and a half. Im 5 wks pp and only have a light regular discharge. Our first outing was to the mall for only about 30 minutes to Babies r us for some essentials, other than that I wont take the baby anywhere besides family things, too risky IMO. We had sex at 4wks pp, and things were fine..boy did I miss that!! :lol: As far as recovery I was more of an emergency c-section and I hemmoraged and had blood transfusions, so I may not be the norm, but I was useless for 2 weeks. I started climing stairs and walking around about 3 weeks and even now if I lift something or whatever I pay for it. My OB said not ab excercise until 12 wks pp.
hope that helps :D
ITS A BOY
10/18/10

lami
Angel
Angel

Postby sweetpnaigee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 am

I didn't really "bleed". I spotted for exactly 4 weeks and that was it. I bought heavy duty pads bc everyone told me I would be bleeding a lot but I ended up not using them :? Mine was an emergency section due to LONG labor and was given antibiotics for my fever. anywho, I went to Wal-Mart with my friend 3 days pp and I was still a lil sore but I managed to walk around the store slowly. As for sex, I don't think we did until 12 PP. I was told to wait 6 weeks and at least 6 months to get pregnant.
Peter&Giselle

ImageImage

sweetpnaigee
Addicted
Addicted

Re: C-section mammas

Postby serts » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:49 am

amy2009 wrote:Just wondering how the ladies who had c-sections recoveries are going? How long did you bleed for4? What kind of chores or outings did you do and how soon after? I want to visit family who live near this week ( puts me at one week pp) who are unable to tr4vel but feel like it may be a bt soon for the baby to be out? Ar4 you still having aches and pains from the pregnancy? Also curious about sex!! How soon after the csection did you get down???
Like any new mother, you'll probably feel both euphoric about and overwhelmed by the new person in your arms. But you'll also be recovering from major abdominal surgery while dealing with typical postpartum issues such as engorged breasts, mood swings, and vaginal discharge.

C-section patients typically stay just three or four days in the hospital before going home. But your recovery will be measured in weeks, not days, so once home you'll need help taking care of yourself and your new baby. What's more, if you have other children, they may be feeling needy after you've been away from them for a few days, to say nothing of the fact that you're returning home with a new baby! Plan to get all the help you can.
serts

Return to Fourth Trimester