Anyone who was on progesterone shots until 36 weeks?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone who was on progesterone shots until 36 weeks?

Postby bernababe » Wed May 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Once you stopped the shots did you go into labor right away? How early/late was your baby?

I am on prog shots to prevent PTL like I had with my daughter at 34 weeks and delivered at 36 weeks :)
DD- 10yrs
DS2-3 yrs
Due in december! EDD 12/31/2013
Our angel Kyle Ethan 07/2007 @ 24wks
m/c 5weeks 4days July 2009
m/c 5weeks April 2011
Baby Fiona due 12/31/2013
PCOS dx 2009

bernababe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lizc0002 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:45 am

Nope, I was on progesterone shots with my 2nd and 3rd babies (both sons) due to having my daughter at 32 weeks due to PROM at 31 weeks. Both boys were born full term (I too stopped my shots at 36 weeks) I assumed I would go into labor as soon as I stopped them, by week 37 I was mad I hadn't (LOL, I am not very patient) DS #2 was born at 39 weeks 2 days and DS#3 was born at 38 weeks 2 days (or something like that) But I also am not so sure the progesterone shots are what kept me from premature labor (of course I was not willing to go without just in case they were keeping me pregnant) I think my PROM was either a defect in my amniotic sac or just me and the baby moving the wrong way at the same time or some such thing, they never did figure out what caused it. Although oddly enough the Sat before my water ruptured i had a bit of pink bleeding (not much) and they never determined the source. I was even checked internally that morning (the morning of the day my waters ruptured) and I was fine, cervix closed, no blood....so go figure.

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester