A/C

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

A/C

Postby b0nita » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm

My baby is 6 days old and we're having really hot weather. We have our A/C on very warm though. I was wondering is having the A/C on going to affect my babys health? Our doctor says no as long as it's comfortable. Just wanted to hear what you ladies thought.
DS 7 DD 4
b0nita
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 pm

I wouldn't think anything would be wrong with it, obviously I wouldn't have the baby right in front of the a/c but you can't get around having it on if its hot weather. I'm not sure where you are but I am in southwest GA and its like a tropical climate like FL and there is NO WAY I'd survive in my house without a/c.....its been on consistently since about the end of MARCH!!! My lo is fine in fact he is hot natured or something because he kicks the covers off everytime!!! lol.

When he was 6 days old of course it was COLD outside so I had the heat on so I really couldn't tell you exactly how the baby would be affected but I would say if your a/c is at a comfy temp the baby will be fine.
:angel: 11/30/08 missed m/c @ 10wks
Ashton Carter born 2/23/2010

Single Mamas Come Join!
http://s1.zetaboards.com/solomomma/index/

ImageImage

ImageImage
Ashley
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tazswife » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 pm

We run the a/c alot! Phoenix runs hot like I do, so we're loving it, but DH is cold! lol

We make sure not to put him right under a vent, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be a problem with it at all. I know sometimes my throat/sinuses dry out if we run it too much, so we run a humidifier in the baby's room if the a/c will be on for more than a couple of hours.
tazswife

Postby Stars0245 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm

We run the AC here all summer. DD1 was born end of May so we had the AC on right from the start with her and she did just fine. We usually keep it at 73 at night and about 76 during the day. HTH :)
Me: 31 Dh: 32

Stars0245
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lizc0002 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:58 am

All of my babies were born in the summer so air was always on, just make sure you dress them warmly enough (I don't mean like for winter, hehe) but ensure their arms and legs and feet are covered, those long nightgowns in t-shirt material are good.

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester