Fighting Sleep - PLEASE HELP!

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Fighting Sleep - PLEASE HELP!

Postby ACJERSEY » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:59 pm

My little one was a pretty good sleeper up until about a week ago. Before she would wake up about every 4hrs at night-time to breast feed and then usually fall back asleep right away. Now this last week or so she has been fighting sleep sooooo bad! The first couple days it seemed like she would just fight it at night time but now its mostly all day. Whether she falls alseep right after nursing, I try rocking her to sleep, try putting her to bed sleepy but not completely sleeping, I can hold her for like an hour... no matter what I seem to do she wakes up in her crib and starts screaming. I have tried to leave her for a little bit and she has fallen back alseep but then just wakes up again shortly crying again. She sleeps well in her bouncer or especially her swing but my Dr said I shouldn't let her sleep in there because then she will get too used to that and won't want to go in her crib ever. She has a paci that she likes but when she wakes up crying she doesn't keep it in and me going and putting back in over and over and over doesn't help her back to sleep. I just don't know what to do anymore, like last nights she fought her naps all afternoon and evening and finally dozed off at 1:30am til 2:00 then woke up again and didn't go back to sleep until 3:30. It just it crazy because I can tell she is soooooo tired and even if I catch her drowsiness right away she still just fights it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE is there anything else I can do for her???
ACJERSEY
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Nikkeh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 pm

It kinda sounds like a growth spurt. 6 week growth spurt maybe? Sometimes they last a whole week. Quinn's 3 week spurt (same exact things) lasted 5 days!

Nikkeh
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bubble1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I just saw your post, hopefully you've managed to get it sorted out already but I just wanted to say that you shouldn't worry about getting your baby into 'bad habits' yet, they don't even develop a memory till four months, by which time they are also much better at settling to sleep and are able to start soothing themselves often.

Have you tried swaddling? That can help when they become a bit more aware of their own arms thrashing about and waking them up.
ImageImage

Bubble1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby butterflylr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:25 pm

The fact you said your LO will sleep in the bouncer or swing makes me think maybe reflux? If they are waking up screaming shortly after sleeping that is a possibility. Maybe try putting some blankets under the crib mattress to incline it and see if that helps. Or you can buy an actual wedge to put under the mattress. You can also hold upright for 30 mins after feeding to help as well.
ME - Lindsay :29: / DH - James :30: / DS - Michael :05/29/08: / Rory :01/16/10: by VBAC!!

Image Image Image
Image http://different-not-less.blogspot.com/
butterflylr
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester