Fighting Sleep - PLEASE HELP!

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Fighting Sleep - PLEASE HELP!

Postby ACJERSEY » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:00 pm

My little one was a pretty good sleeper up until about a week ago. Before she would wake up about every 4hrs at night-time to breast feed and then usually fall back asleep right away. Now this last week or so she has been fighting sleep sooooo bad! The first couple days it seemed like she would just fight it at night time but now its mostly all day. Whether she falls alseep right after nursing, I try rocking her to sleep, try putting her to bed sleepy but not completely sleeping, I can hold her for like an hour... no matter what I seem to do she wakes up in her crib and starts screaming. I have tried to leave her for a little bit and she has fallen back alseep but then just wakes up again shortly crying again. She sleeps well in her bouncer or especially her swing but my Dr said I shouldn't let her sleep in there because then she will get too used to that and won't want to go in her crib ever. She has a paci that she likes but when she wakes up crying she doesn't keep it in and me going and putting back in over and over and over doesn't help her back to sleep. I just don't know what to do anymore, like last nights she fought her naps all afternoon and evening and finally dozed off at 1:30am til 2:00 then woke up again and didn't go back to sleep until 3:30. It just it crazy because I can tell she is soooooo tired and even if I catch her drowsiness right away she still just fights it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE is there anything else I can do for her???
ACJERSEY
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby cevine » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi

I noticed that you posted this a few weeks ago, have things improved since then??? Could she be having a growth spurt they seem to come at certain times and can make things a bit haywire. Also I found swaddling made my daughter feel secure enough to fall asleep esp in a big cot compared to being in a swing or rocker where they fell more cozy. Also could she be sick or could it be enviromental eg to cold?? Otherwise I hightly recommend a getting a book on helping babies to settle, I went to a seminar held by a lady in here in Australia when my daughter was 6 weeks old and wouldnt sleep unless she fell asleep feeding, in the car or in the swing. Her website is www.sleepandsettle.com.au and it was a god send, she slept through the night a week after we went to the seminar and would fall asleep in her cot during the day after a week or two.

HTH
Me - Collette - 27
DH - Rob - 28
DD1 - Eva Lee - 9 March 2009
DD2 - Grace Ellen - 21 September 2010
cevine

Return to Fourth Trimester