Torn Labia

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Torn Labia

Postby lachney » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

I tore my labia when my daughter was born and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if so, how long til it was healed? or at least not in excrutiating pain?! No one I know has had this, only perineal tears.
Amy, 24; Patrick 26;
Abigail 6.27.10, 7lb 13oz, 21.25in;
Patrick, Jr. 2.2.12, 9lb 12oz, 21.25in

lachney
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm

*raises hand* It stopped stinging after urinating a couple days PP. It felt tight til about 3 months PP but I wasn't able to comfortably enjoy sex til about 4-5 months PP.
I'm 6 months PP today and I have absolutely no issues with it and can even shave w/o worrying about the razor "snagging" on the scar tissue.

I had a 2nd degree tear BTW.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Moniruth » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 pm

I had a great birth and am 100% happy with that but my labia minora on the right side got torn basically in two. The midwife either didn't see it or ignored it after the birth, but when I went to pee PP, it stung so bad I nearly passed out. A few days PP I didn't hurt any more but now I have to go see a gynecologist and discuss reconstructive surgery. I am bummed about it, and I know that DH and I will have to wait longer to DTD, but it doesn't hurt. I plan to just get the surgery done and try to forget about it. Hope this helps!
Moniruth
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BriannaMarie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:05 pm

My story isn't nearly as bad as PP but mine was torn on the right side, too. I had a septum in the birth canal and while they were clipping that all heck broke out and somehow the labia on the right side got clipped, too. Then it ripped even more. It was awful. More than 60 stitches but it's good as new 13.5 months later. We still have some painful moments when we DTD but for the most part it's okay. There is a large scar I can feel but shaving doesn't bother it.
Brianna (me) 32
David (DH) 32
Isabelle (DD) June 7, 2009
Olivia (DD) December 1, 2011

BFP June 27th, 2015
BriannaMarie
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:08 am

BriannaMarie wrote:My story isn't nearly as bad as PP but mine was torn on the right side, too. I had a septum in the birth canal and while they were clipping that all heck broke out and somehow the labia on the right side got clipped, too. Then it ripped even more. It was awful. More than 60 stitches but it's good as new 13.5 months later. We still have some painful moments when we DTD but for the most part it's okay. There is a large scar I can feel but shaving doesn't bother it.

Hope you don't mind but that is so interesting about the septum. Were you considered to have 2 vaginas? Feel free not to answer. :oops: I can delete or edit this post also.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BriannaMarie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Notbarbarabush wrote:
BriannaMarie wrote:My story isn't nearly as bad as PP but mine was torn on the right side, too. I had a septum in the birth canal and while they were clipping that all heck broke out and somehow the labia on the right side got clipped, too. Then it ripped even more. It was awful. More than 60 stitches but it's good as new 13.5 months later. We still have some painful moments when we DTD but for the most part it's okay. There is a large scar I can feel but shaving doesn't bother it.

Hope you don't mind but that is so interesting about the septum. Were you considered to have 2 vaginas? Feel free not to answer. :oops: I can delete or edit this post also.

Nope. It was just a weird piece of skin. Sometimes (when it was still there) the tampon string would get caught around it and I'd have to have an OB remove the tampon. NOT FUN. Also, one side was tighter than the other so, TMI, but when DTD, DH could go in one side and then go in another and it would HURT really bad. I'll be honest, I didn't know it was not normal. No one ever told me that other women didn't have it. They just helped me and when Belles head got stuck in the canal and this skin was stretched over it the nurses were yelling at the doc to cut it and she kept saying she wasn't going to cut it, that it would just break. The nurse grabbed the clippers and snipped and in the chaos that's how my labia got cut. By then Belles was STUCK so they used the vacuum on her. No fun.

Oh... and it's okay to DTD now. DH doesn't and can't tell the difference!
Brianna (me) 32
David (DH) 32
Isabelle (DD) June 7, 2009
Olivia (DD) December 1, 2011

BFP June 27th, 2015
BriannaMarie
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Raises my hand as well....so glad to see this because I thought I was in the "weird" class when it happened to me lol. Mine was on the labia minora on the right side as well. It still feels weird to me but it does not affect sex for me. It felt ok by my 6wk pp check though. I think I was more so scared to even look to see if it was "back together" lol

oh and forgot to mention my tear was really close to my clitoris.....i was devastated lol (wasn't funny then, didn't think i'd ever recover)
:angel: 11/30/08 missed m/c @ 10wks
Ashton Carter born 2/23/2010

Single Mamas Come Join!
http://s1.zetaboards.com/solomomma/index/

ImageImage

ImageImage
Ashley
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby happymedium » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:39 pm

I had it happen slightly down and slightly up around the urethra doc said...but I'll take it anyday over an episiotomy! Healed much quicker!!!

ASHLEY!!!! I had the same thing...I yelled at the doc as I was pushing.... "I Don't Want to RIP MY CLIT!" LOL....he said i was fine...then I dropped the F-Bomb....3 times. LOL
happymedium
Addicted
Addicted

Postby plus1makes7 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Im with Monica, and I absolutely HATE how it looks but as far as pain, it was gone fairly quickly. It was from my second when I DIDN'T have an episiotomy. I refused to have one because with my first the stupid dr "cut me like a chicken" as my mother said....so by my 3rd I said yes please do the episiotomy if you HAVE to. He mentioned well I can see that you tore pretty badly last time so we might as well. Great. Thanks for noticing. But I swear I'm not bitter.
Me:31 (Jes)
DH:32
3 Sweet Angel Babies

DSD:15
DSS:10
DD:7
DD:4
DSS:3
DD:2
Girl #4 for us together!!
plus1makes7
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bailie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Mine stopped stinging after a few days. For the first few days PP I was all whiny about how I would have preferred an episiotomy over ripping to high heaven but it's honestly giving me no pain now and hasn't since about day 3. I'm 1 week PP.

Use dermaplast before/after you pee. That's what I did. In the hospital, one of my day nurses (god, she was awesome) would clean up the area for me and douse it down with the dermaplast to ease the discomfort.

Use your peri bottle a lot, too. It'll help with the sticking. I kept ice packs on it for about 2 days straight. That seemed to help the most.
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester