How safe am I?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How safe am I?

Postby NJK » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:44 pm

So DH does NOT want anymore children. I would love another daughter (or 2) but not for at least 3 years.

We are DTD again but using the withdrawal method - very carefully - and I am EBF and have had no period or signs of returning fertility.

This is an odd question, but is the withdrawal method considered unsafe because the man can accidentally forget to withdraw, or because sperm actually seep out before ejaculation? Sorry, I realise this is fairly technical but I am curious 8O
Me 30, DH 32
DD1 Heidi (1 Apr 09)
DD2 Lulu (3 May 10)
Not Trying, Not Preventing... (translation = trying without obsessing, not actually preventing at all)
NJK
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meg1492 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm

It's both actually. From a technical standpoint...

Precum can contain sperm. As well as if some of his semen spills onto your vulva it can, technically, get inside of your body and fertilize an egg.

In addition, while your partner may know when he is about to have an orgasm, it can also be a surprise.

If you are really trying to prevent then this method is not the right onew for you right now.
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma_Laura » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:35 pm

They are both issues, but I think the latter is the one that catches most people out. Sperm can come out prior to ejaculation - and as we know it only takes one to make a baby ;)
Laura (me!) - 27
DH - 27 ~ my soulmate :)
DD - 3 ~ my everything :hb: BF'd for 19mnths :)
DS - 14th July 2010 ~ my little ray of sunshine :hb:

Momma_Laura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lindsey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah- they're both issues.

My 2nd baby was from the pull out method so personally, no I wouldn't consider that a "safe" method, lol
Lindsey

Return to Fourth Trimester