I need to poop...

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I need to poop...

Postby Momof4_andNOmore » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Yep.. just like it says. My section was 8 days ago..................... EIGHT DAYS.

At first, I couldn't get the sensation to go pee... I would realize that I hadn't gone after like 12 hours or longer and then go... I still can't really tell when I need to go, I'm just trying to make a concious effort after not going for some 22ish hours 2 days ago...

WELL, I've been taking some non stimulant laxitives to try to go the last few days and nada. Today I took the max dose. I feel the need to go, but I'm waiting for everyone else to go to bed (staying with family right now) so I can have the bathroom for about an hour need be... BUT my bladder is causing pain because it is SO full and I need to go so bad, but I cannot go... it's like I have to go #2 to go #1... UGH.

Geez I hope I get everything "straightened out" tonight...

(fyi- I have IBS so a week isn't anything new to me, it just sucks after having the section AND the tender tubal on top of it... I'm scared mainly because of that.)

(Another FYI- so sorry for the tmi, but I highly doubt facebook would have wanted to know, lol...)

WISH ME LUCK!!!!! :wink: :roll: :x :lol: 8)
Momof4_andNOmore
Star Member
Star Member

Postby anxious-annie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Good luck! I hope everything gets worked out. Feeling the need to go, but not being able to is the WORST!
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momof4_andNOmore » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm

SOOOO..... 10+ days, 7/8 Phillips non-stimulant laxatives, 4 fleet glycerine suppositories, a plate of brocolli and apple slices, tons of water, a snack of 3 colace stool softeners and 3 extra strength pill laxatives (in one dose) later... I've gone.

So not fun. Actually lost my ability to urinate during this, as in I NEEDED to pee SO BAD it hurt like hello and I couldn't for the life of me... (did manage to find a way to go a little at a time to relieve the major, bring me to tears pain)

So happy this is my last section EVER.
Momof4_andNOmore
Star Member
Star Member

Postby anxious-annie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

yikes! that can't be good...both how many "helpers" you had to take and the inability to pee! Did you call your doc to make sure nothing is wrong??
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momof4_andNOmore » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah... I go in Monday to leave a specimin (pee in a cup) for the lab to be sure I don't have a nasty uti... other than that, I'm to go to the er if the retention becomes unbearable again and/or we will just play wait and see and see if everything sorts itself out...

So far today has been getting better little by little. Still no urge to pee but I did manage to go with an only semi full bladder, which made me very happy (because waiting for it to be painfully full is NOT fun)
My mom said she lost the feeling of needing to urinate after a section, but that all my stuff sounded way worse than what she ever had to deal with.

I SO don't want to go to the er if I don't have to. I'm nursing and my little guy won't even take a paci- let alone to find out about a bottle (he is 11 days old, obviously from info above)... I can't leave him anywhere without me.

I will talk to them about getting me an rx for something to regulate me... my ibs is always FAR worse after a big hormonal shift and with the stressors of moving and finding a new job and raising four kids and... yeah... coming up, I really think medication is the best way to manage it, along with diet, but diet has never really worked completely... (even when following the strictest high fiber/moderate fat/low starch diet)
Momof4_andNOmore
Star Member
Star Member

Postby smomj » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

I had the c-section and tubal as well. But I was also open for 3 hours while they tried to control bleeding. Such fun.
I kind of feel your pain. I didn't have a problem urinating but going poop.. that was a challenge. For about the first month and a half, it hurt! My insides would cramp so bad.. OMG...
I hope your plumbing begins working normal here soon. LOL, I will never take going to the bathroom for granted ever again.
Me: Darlene 34, DH: Damian 33, DS 08-94, DD 02-01, 6 angel babies, 97 cone biopsy, 2005 stage 3 endo, 2 lapo's, 07 freeze cervix.

smomj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester