No more playdates - ahhhhhh!

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

No more playdates - ahhhhhh!

Postby ladybug07 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 pm

I really need to vent here.

Right after I have a baby, I always go through a little bit of baby blues/PPD/ anxiety.

I feel like I have been holding things together really well. I have only had one brief crying spell in the last 2 weeks. And I feel pretty much "in control" and ready to tackle being a mom to 3 kids.

Until today.......

A friend of mine asked if she could come over for a playdate with her 3 year old and 1 year old. I agreed. It was total chaos. My boys were totally not nice to her kids, toys everywhere, loudness, chaos, etc, etc, etc. THEN later in the day another friend called and said she just wanted to drop off a gift and stay for a few minutes only. She ended up bringing in both of her kids and staying for a whole hour - so again - toys everywhere, her kids fighting with my kids, a movie blaring on the TV, mess, chaos, etc.

OH MY GOSH!

I am so done with playdates. The problem is that I have several other friends that also want to do playdates. I feel like they have good intentions. They want to come see the baby and allow me to have some social contact. But I feel like I just can't handle the stress right now. I would rather meet a few friends at a restaurant for dessert or apps or something - now that would really be a nice break from mommydom and would actually HELP ME.

So maybe I am a total loser, but I am not having any more playdates for a long time. My mom actually told me that if anyone asks for one, I should say, "Sure, let's meet up at the park when the weather gets nice."

I think that is what is going to happen from now on.

Sorry for the long vent.
Me 31 DH 34
DS 5
DS 3
DD is here! January 13th @ 8:42 am 6lbs, 11oz 20 inches

ImageImage
ladybug07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macleesy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I have to LOL- I so know the feeling - No more playdates here either! I had a friend come over, so she could meet Annah, and so that Erin could play with her son....... then after an hour or two, when I was just about ready to make an excuse to get them to go, she asked ME if I would mind her son for another hour or so while she ran an errand!!!! I was so shocked, she was out the door before I could say 'are you kidding me'

Normally I wouldn't mind, but come on... 3 weeks pp, newborn with reflux, still recovering from c-section here
Lisa
Erin Nicole19 Dec 07
Annah Paige 2 Jan 11
Connor John 26 May to 7 Aug 09
My beautiful angel. :angel: So far from my reach, but so close to my heart.

macleesy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ladybug07 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 am

Lisa, I can't believe she asked you to babysit her kid!

Sometimes I wonder if people forget what it feels like when you have a newborn (and other children) and you are going through some stress.

I have learned the hard way that I need to be assertive from now on. I know that having other people's kids tearing my house apart does not help me when I am post-partum and half-crazy. So I need to protect myself from that.
Me 31 DH 34
DS 5
DS 3
DD is here! January 13th @ 8:42 am 6lbs, 11oz 20 inches

ImageImage
ladybug07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby happymedium » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 pm

That is why you go to THEIR house for the playdate.!!!!!! LOL You can leave when you want.
I'm a bit anti-social anyway so there is NO WAY in hell I would ever host a play-date. LOL :roll:
happymedium
Addicted
Addicted

Postby molly » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 am

I completely understand!!!! It's so much extra work to have people over - I have decided that I'll only go out for play dates! It's way too crazy when you have 3!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
molly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby julianicole » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Totally with you!!! No playdates here either!! I have horrible OCD when it comes to my things and my house and cleanliness. I find it incredibly difficult to have people in my home, not to mention their kids!!! I can't handle the stress or the mess, so I've recently learnt the same, just to completely avoid them from now on or go to their house... If I ever get the courage to trek out of my house with 3 little ones that is!!

julianicole
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Fourth Trimester