Is this normal?? Re: 1st PP period...

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is this normal?? Re: 1st PP period...

Postby MrsLewis907 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm EBF my DD who is now 2mos old. I thought I had my first PP period already, but now I'm not sure, or maybe I did and this is my 2nd (in which case...*GRR*).

The reason I thought I had my first PP period, before...I had had my PP bleeding, and it was down to slight spotting, then it got pretty heavy again, almost like a PP, and slacked off like one, too. About 7 days. I stopped bleeding for a few days, and then at my PP check up (at 8 weeks PP), doctor drained some cysts around my cervix and said I'd be spotting from that. Spotted for a few days, nothing for a few days, then yesterday I had a bit of blood flow, today it got heavy, and passing small clots it looks like, about the size of a dime...but this seems more on par, for what I remember my first PP with my twins seeming like (I did not EBF them, or nurse really at all...pumped for almost 2mos, though not regularly...and they were supplemented).

So now I don't know which is my first PP period, or if maybe I'll be regular all along. If I'm going to have a cycle every month, WHILE EBF...I'm going to be MAJOR bummed!!! :x
Ashli 32, DH Patrick 33
Twins - DD1 Hannah & DS1 Evann - 7, DD2 Lily - 5, DD3 Abigail - 5
BFP - Mar 20, 2015 / Miscarried - March 26, 2015
Baby #5 - Shelby Nicole, born April 13, 2016, 6lb5oz, 19in
MrsLewis907
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby smile07 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:19 pm

I totally understand...we are EBF too and I had my first PP period last week. Couple weeks earlier I was having pains around my right ovary (I can always feel when I ovulate from that side) and was like WTH? Surely I was not ovulating because I was still having PP Bleeding. My PP bleeding was just spotting at that point and it ended around 5 weeks. One week later, DS was super fussy and going through a growth spurt, I had a pretty bad URI, then was hit with the evil witch all at the same time....uggghhh. It was pretty light, but was exactly like my periods prior to conceiving DS #2, so I know it was pp AF. With my first DS who was EBF, I did not have a period until he self-weaned at 13 months old. It is not fair!!! :lol:
Me: 31 DH: 32
DS#1: 4 DS#2: 1
Angel Babies: mm/c 10.5 weeks, m/c 5
smile07
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Fourth Trimester