Poise Pads vs Regular Pads

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Poise Pads vs Regular Pads

Postby Iamca » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm wondering about this for after the delivery. I had to use 2 long pads after DD. It was uncomfortable. So I'm thinking those poise pads come in huge sizes so maybe that would be better?? Anyone have any advice on this????

Iamca
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anxious-annie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:36 am

I know a lot of ladies actually use the Depends adult diapers because they provide more coverage and are more comfy. I'd purchased some for after DD was born but never needed to use them since I didn't bleed too much after the first 2 days at the hospital.

I think Depends would be much more comfortable so I say get those!
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wifeymaeg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 am

I used these... and actually I still use them overnight when my period is super heavy. They have an extra wide "bottom" for more coverage.

http://www.always.com/products/detail/m ... over-night
ImageImage
wifeymaeg
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Iamca » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:24 am

wifeymaeg wrote:I used these... and actually I still use them overnight when my period is super heavy. They have an extra wide "bottom" for more coverage.

http://www.always.com/products/detail/m ... over-night

I've never seen these! Maybe it's a US thing...I'll check them out next time I'm over shopping!

Iamca
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 am

If I have another kiddo, I will definitely be using some postpartem mama cloth. I recently switched to cloth pads a month ago and I don't know why on earth I never considered it before. They are so soft and comfy. You can even wash them with your regular laundry as long as you don't use fabric softener for that load.

Here is an example: http://www.etsy.com/listing/68953691/pink-plus-size-overnight-15-inch?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=overnight+cloth+pad+&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meg1492 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 pm

I used Depends and they were a godsend.

I do use Momma cloth now but would still use Depends again.
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Fourth Trimester