ECV (Version) Question - Advise needed

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

ECV (Version) Question - Advise needed

Postby alainasmama » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi Ladies,

As you can see I'm preggo and do in a month. My baby is, and has been, breech. So they are doing a version on Thursday. I was told today that they don't have high hopes because of my anterior placenta.

So, I'm wondering, does anyone have experience with this? Just looking for some light.

Thanks!
alainasmama
Star Member
Star Member

Postby LaraE » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. When I was pregnant with my son 13 yrs ago, they told me he was breech and somewhere around 37 weeks I went in for a version. I got the the hospital and spent hours being monitored and checked and when they were about to get ready for the procedure they realized he had flipped! I was so relieved. And mine was a very big baby - he ended up being 9lbs13oz at birth (41 weeks). So, there is still hope that your baby could flip to head down position!

But since i ended up not having the version, i don't have any advice about that specifically.
Lara (42) + Chris (30)
LaraE
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:14 pm

I had one done. Here's the timeline from my experience.
34w-3d u/s done baby was breeh
36w3d-OB appt-baby breech confirmed via u/s. OB said I could schedule the c/s or schedule the version.
37w3d-tried external version twice. Unsuccessful. Baby would get about 1/2 way flipped and then pop back to head up.

I also tried spinning babies techniques, moxibustion, and the webster technique at the chiro. The version is most successful by 37 weeks. After that you start running out of room and fluid level starts dropping some. You want to have a big pocket of fluid to move the baby into.

I found it to be pretty painful. The first attempt wasn't so bad, but the 2nd was terrible. I will never do it again. The 2 OBs who did it told me it isn't any more effective than the webster technique or accupuncture/moxibustion. I did not have any bruising or anything and it didn't cause fetal distress so no emergency c-section. That is something they should prepare you for, though.

I ended up scheduling my c-section for 39 weeks.

I hope you baby flips on it's own and you don't have to have the procedure.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alainasmama » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:03 pm

This little stinker has been breech since my 20 weeks u/s. She flipped out of breech and 28 appt, but when I had my 4d done at 29, she was back breech : / I've done everything also, except for moxi...My version is sceduled for 36w 2days, and right now, she is measuring a week ahead. My fluid level is at 11 right now.
alainasmama
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Fourth Trimester