Retained placenta (xposting in august mamas)

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Retained placenta (xposting in august mamas)

Postby kiwimama022789 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:11 am

Ok I am a bit worried about something, I had a bit more bleeding immediately after the baby and during the hospital stay and I know that can mean there was a bit of retained placenta but it tapered off. At about 4 days pp the bleeding got to be almost non-existent. At about 1 week pp I ended up with real heavy bleeding again but not soaking a pad in less than an hour so I have just been dealing. Today (2 weeks 5 days pp) it all of a sudden got really light again, but when I had a BM today, I felt something come out. I thought it was a clot at first but when I looked at it, the color was not the exact color of a clot so the first thing I am thinking is retained placenta. it was only about the size of a nickel but I don't know if I should be worried. Also, for about 2 hours after this happened I was having AF like cramping but it went away. Should I be worried? Any info on partially retained placentas for them coming out after the hospital stay would be helpful!
Me - Krista Marie(20)
DH - Tom Lynn(22)
DD - Trinity Kaylyn(4) 7/30/07
DS1 - Blaze Lee(2) 1/27/09
DS2 - Ezra Cole - M/C 8/15/10
DS3 - Durzo Elrich - (NB) 8/25/11

kiwimama022789
Angel
Angel

Return to Fourth Trimester