Vasectomy or Tubal?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Vasectomy or Tubal?

Postby amykyma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm still in my third tri, but thought I'd post on this area of the thread also.

This will be our last baby and we are considering having either a vasectomy or a tubal. I am leaning more towards the tubal. My mom had one and I've just heard worse stories/side effects about vasectomies than I do about tubals, although I'm sure there are some. Everyone that I know personally who has had a tubal has nothing bad to say about it, but I know several men who have had issues with their vasectomies.

Has anyone here done any research or know much info about the two?
-Amy, DH Jared
Abigail stillborn at 20 weeks 2-9-2006
DS Kloden 12-12-2008
Chemical PG 8-2010
DD Evelyn 5-9-12

amykyma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon May 14, 2012 11:27 am

I had a tubal but only because I knew I had to have Hazel by c-section anyway and since I was already opened up why not.
If I were having natural child birth and it would have to be a totally separate surgery then I'm not so sure I would have opted for the tubal.

BTW, I had this baby after having my tubal reversed.. so really I have two kids and have had two tubals, but we're done now, no more reversals, haha!

good luck on what ever you decide.
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armanda8 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 am

I had a reversal also... so make sure you are done! lol...

A tubal is abdominal surgey where a V is a snip snip. Of course there will be some V complications stories, but mainly I think men are just babies.... I vote V, unless like the pp said you are having a C-sec already.
armanda8
Star Member
Star Member

Postby armanda8 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 am

nm, I see your post is old and baby is here, lol...
armanda8
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Vasectomy or Tubal?

Postby PrairieDawn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Please look up Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome before committing to having your tubes cut/tied/burned/clipped. I had my tubes tied 14 years ago and it was the worst thing I ever did. My body basically went into early menopause and I had everything from hot/cold flashes, sore joints, migraines, my AF was heavier than it was before the surgery. Sex was no longer comfortable as sometimes I would have no fluid and we would have to improvise. I am glad I went and had the reversal surgery because I no longer have these symptoms aside from the joint pain (pretty sure that's arthritis now).

http://posttuballigationsyndrome.blogspot.com/ - I direct most of my friends who are thinking about having their tubes tied here so they can really grasp the idea of what they are about to do to their body.

PrairieDawn

Return to Fourth Trimester