What is your night time routine?

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Lecksy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 pm

Those night time feeds where brutal to say the least! The way I got through them was to grab some magazines and have them next to my feeding chair with a very dimly light lamp (yep, makes it a little hard to read)...but she soon got the idea that its night time and that means sleep. We got down to a pretty good routine then I got lazy and started feeding her in bed (its winter here in Australia and pretty darn cold)....and this has worked the best. I lay on my side and have a snooze while she's feeding and when she's done she goes back down. Now she's sleeping right through the night and I only have to contend with a morning feed and we are up for the day. Shes a very active baby and nothing gets pass her! She's aware of everything, maybe thats why she sleeps through the night coz she only cat naps through the day! LOL

Anyways, this stage will pass...and you'll feel human again......

Good Luck!!
Me 38yrs
DH 45yrs
DS 15yrs,DD 8yrs, DS 6yrs, DS 4yrs & 2 stepadults, 21 & 18yrs
18/3/10 - :angel: Matthews twin @ 8w
**PLACENTA ACCRETA SURVIVOR**
:bfp: 7 June 2014 after 1.5yrs ttc - mc twins @ 7w 4d :angel: :angel:
:bfp: 31 October 2014

Lecksy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OptimisticLove » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 pm

Thanks everyone. All of you had some great tips. I think I will try waking her up before 10 and keeping her awake until about 12 that way she will maybe sleep longer.
OptimisticLove
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Andi1223 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:00 pm

We give her last bottle around 930-10 ish. She feeds for about 1/2 hr 45 min. I listen to norah jones cd while I feed her, seems to relax her (me too) Lay her down in bassinet. Usually awake around 12-130 and she eats and goes right back to bed. We changed out the lightbulb in our lamp to a black light so that it stays pretty dark in the room. I sit up while I feed her so I can "try" not to doze off but hey it happens. She usually wakes up again around 5-630 for another bottle and then goes back to sleep until 730-8ish when DD comes into the room to get us both up. Can't wait until she starts doing at least a good 5 hr stretch!!
Taylor Adrianna 8/14/04

Andi1223
Angel
Angel

Postby OptimisticLove » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:26 pm

Andi1223 wrote:We give her last bottle around 930-10 ish. She feeds for about 1/2 hr 45 min. I listen to norah jones cd while I feed her, seems to relax her (me too) Lay her down in bassinet. Usually awake around 12-130 and she eats and goes right back to bed. We changed out the lightbulb in our lamp to a black light so that it stays pretty dark in the room. I sit up while I feed her so I can "try" not to doze off but hey it happens. She usually wakes up again around 5-630 for another bottle and then goes back to sleep until 730-8ish when DD comes into the room to get us both up. Can't wait until she starts doing at least a good 5 hr stretch!!

Ha...thats DD same schedule.
OptimisticLove
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Fourth Trimester