BBT post pregnancy

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BBT post pregnancy

Postby Gonzo1 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 am

Hey all! My midwife recommended I use bbt for family planning since I prefer not to take the pill (I never liked how bcp made me feel when I was on). I used bbt to conceive so I know how it works, just wondering how to use it when bf-Ing and before af comes back...

It seems like by the time I saw an O dip it would be too late (in theory) to judge timing BD to prevent pregnancy. Does that make sense?

Any advice?
BFP 06/13/2013
HB 7/29- 170s
9/6 It's a BOY! :future baby boy:
Wyatt born 2/2014 - All natural water birth
Gonzo1
Star Member
Star Member

Re: BBT post pregnancy

Postby momma34 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:10 pm

I dont have a lot of advice on the BBT, but I think if you combine it with monitoring for EWCM you may be able to prevent that problem of only knowing after the fact. While you can get EWCM and not ovulate during breastfeeding, it is always a good bet to avoid BD when you see any EWCM. I was never really great with figuring out BBT (although I did do it), the EWCM was a much better predictor for me. HOpe that helps!!

**LOL, just realized the date was from 2014. Well, if anyone else has the same question, maybe that will help:)
Me: 34
DH: 32
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!
momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Fourth Trimester