Vaginal Prolapse Anyone?? Sorry TMI

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Vaginal Prolapse Anyone?? Sorry TMI

Postby Kylie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:56 pm

I've developed a vaginal prolapse so I constantly feel like I have bits hanging out of me. Thankfully it's not quite that bad and I don't actually have anything hanging outside but the muscles of my vaginal walls have colapsed in on each other and so it feels to the touch like there is a heap of stuff blocking the entrance. Just lumpy soft tissue.
I have a friend who experienced something similar and hers got better after she stopped breastfeeding and her hormone levels went back to normal. This is entirely possible because one of the treatments is oestogen therapy. Apparently oestrogen helps tighten the vaginal muscles (strange but true). Pelvic floor excersises are also supposed to help but I'm having alot of trouble isolating those muscles because they are so weak. The only time I can isolate the muscles is when I'm peeing and try to stop the flow (which btw I can't). I'm still primarily breatfeeding ( 1 or two bottles of formula per day) so I could quit that and see if it helps. It's not painful just uncomfortable and sex is really awkward.
I really don't want to have to resort to surgery to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem anhd had it fix itself without surgery??
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
DS Harrison Lucas 8 DOB August 14th 2007
http://www.kyliedewaard.com
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kellymomma » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:08 pm

Sorry Kylie to hear you are going through that, but I saw you had posted & wanted to check in on you & say hi!!!

Harrisons picture is sooooo damn cute!!!! He is gorgeuos!!!!
Kelly- 27 DH- 31 2 dogs & 2 cats.....we are gonna have a zoo!

Baby Jared born 07-26-07!!!! 8 lbs 4 oz at 36 wks 1 day (due date 08-21-07)
ImageImageImage
Kellymomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:58 am

Thanks Kelly! Jarrod is gorgeous. All our August babies are growing so big. I can't believe they've started the next August thread already. I've been so slack, I haven't gotten around to checking in with everyone in the August 2007 Mums buddy group. Can you post me the link since it's now gone from the August thread?
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby booboo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Mommy2WnA is dealing with this too, and she is looking for other moms to talk you... you should PM her!

http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/communi ... ic&t=32628
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:04 am

Thanks Erica :D
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kellymomma » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:08 am

Sorry Kylie,

I haven't been there, maybe some of the other girls know....if I find it, I will let you know :D
Good luck with your situation, I hope it gets better really soon! :oops:
Kelly- 27 DH- 31 2 dogs & 2 cats.....we are gonna have a zoo!

Baby Jared born 07-26-07!!!! 8 lbs 4 oz at 36 wks 1 day (due date 08-21-07)
ImageImageImage
Kellymomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:12 pm

Thanks Kelly
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PixieB » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:24 pm

Have you tried your pelvic floor exercises lying down? It's easier that way and you can gradually build yourself up to doing the stronger ones. Also, if you're standing up and place your hand over your lower belly just above your pelvic bone when you tighten the pelvic floor muscles you should feel your belly muscles shift a little bit too, even if you can't feel a difference in the pelvic floor muscles. Hopefully that should help.

Otherwise... well talking to your GP would be a good idea.
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tinybud » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Maybe you can ask for a referral to a special women's physio - I was offered an appointment because I had a very bad tear, in the end I didn't bother because I didn't have any problems, but I think they can teach you better ways to do the pelvic floor exercises...
Aping mama to Soren (7), Milo (4), and Kasper (2)
tinybud
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:18 pm

PixieB wrote:Have you tried your pelvic floor exercises lying down? It's easier that way and you can gradually build yourself up to doing the stronger ones. Also, if you're standing up and place your hand over your lower belly just above your pelvic bone when you tighten the pelvic floor muscles you should feel your belly muscles shift a little bit too, even if you can't feel a difference in the pelvic floor muscles. Hopefully that should help.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and they're much easier laying down.
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mama-torres » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:51 pm

I developed this after having my 2nd child and I was scared that is was going to cause problems in my last pregnancy and before that I even thought it would prevent me from getting pregnant... but I just had to gradually work my way up to strngthen the muscles by doing kegals, and I found that by the time I delivered Abraham I had way more control in him coming out and though I still have this it is a lot less as noticable. I was to the point where if I bore down my cervix would push thru. sorry tmi. but the only thing that hasn't changed is I can't use tampons, I have to use those instead cups. Just do those kegals and a good way to start is to try when peeing!!! It will be difficult to start... also as pp said try it laying down!! Well gl and hth!!!
Brooke Torres 28 dh- Mario 21, dd- Maricella 8, dd- Sierra 6 , ds- Mario Abraham Jr. 7/9/07

Image Image
mama-torres
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kylie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:59 pm

mama-torres wrote:I developed this after having my 2nd child and I was scared that is was going to cause problems in my last pregnancy and before that I even thought it would prevent me from getting pregnant... but I just had to gradually work my way up to strngthen the muscles by doing kegals, and I found that by the time I delivered Abraham I had way more control in him coming out and though I still have this it is a lot less as noticable. I was to the point where if I bore down my cervix would push thru. sorry tmi. but the only thing that hasn't changed is I can't use tampons, I have to use those instead cups. Just do those kegals and a good way to start is to try when peeing!!! It will be difficult to start... also as pp said try it laying down!! Well gl and hth!!!

Thanks for the advice. Can I ask how long it took you to notice a difference after you started doing kegals regularly? I saw the Dr. today but she didn't tell me anything I don't already know. I have a referral to see a gyno but that appt. isnt' until January.
TIA
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:37 pm

Nah I don't think it's paranoia. I think it'd be fairly obvious if it's gotten worse. I've been doing pelvic floor excersices ( as much as I remember too) and I'm not noticing any difference. the whole thing sux. I'm so over it. Just want my body to feel normal again. What kind of physio did you get?
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cally » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:50 pm

hi i came to fourth tri looking for this topic, my dd is nearly 4 weeks and i have a constant feeling like im wearing a tampon but its not in far enough, is that what u mean, it gets worse if im walking a while, worse again if carrying dds rock-a-tot or anything else heavy
Me-34
DS-Fionn 13
DD1-Saoirse 11
DD2- Órlaith 5

ImageImage
Cally
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Fourth Trimester