Nursing clothes (bras/tanks/tops)

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Angela_R » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:56 am

I wear Walmart tanks, 3 for 19 bucks and they come in white, black, and gray. I bought them online and have never been able to find them in my local store. I also like to layer my clothes but I still don't get the support I need from the tanks so mostly I just wear them at night for pajamas (very awesome if you end up cosleeping)

The tanks were great for the hospital, I wore a velour sweatsuit/hoody with them and it worked out perfect and sooo comfy.

If you buy bravado bras from their website make sure to google 'bravado discount code' or something like that you can find a code for 20 percent off.
12/26/06 Angel in Heaven 13wk2d
I survived blood thinner injections during pregnancy!
Angela_R
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Nursing clothes (bras/tanks/tops)

Postby jeffscarlet » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I've heard of a nursing nightgown with an adjustable drop cup. Is that something easy to work with?
nursing nightgown
jeffscarlet

Postby jessm » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 am

honestly, i found the nursing clothes ended up being a waste of money. I would either layer (a cami underneath, pull boob out of the top and then pull T-shirt up) or just pull my shirt up. I wear my nursing bras and sleep bras of course, but for the most part it wasn't worth the money I spent on them.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby KJ511 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 pm

jessm wrote:honestly, i found the nursing clothes ended up being a waste of money. I would either layer (a cami underneath, pull boob out of the top and then pull T-shirt up) or just pull my shirt up. I wear my nursing bras and sleep bras of course, but for the most part it wasn't worth the money I spent on them.

My boobs are too small (even nursing!) to just pull them out, so if you're smaller (a B cup) the nursing camis are really nice because you can unclip them. But I just pull my regular shirt up, so I don't find any need for other nursing clothes. The sleep bras are AMAZING and I would wear them alllll day long if they weren't quite so thin!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby munter10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:44 am

Maternity clothes they are stretchy in ways you will not even think of needing clothes to be stretchy. I thought I could sew some elastic into the front of some old jeans and call it good, since I thought of pregnancy as "expanding belly". It's expanding everything - I had no idea.
munter10

Previous

Return to Fourth Trimester