when you were in the hospital ...

Fourth you ask? Your body is still full of pregnancy hormones as you adjust to life sleep-deprived with your new baby outside your womb.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Leeza717 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Danika wrote:I wore the gown the whole time. I put a nursing bra on the next day.. lol but before then I was topless a lot. My hospital didn't have nursing friendly gowns.. so I had to unhook the sides a lot. :D

OT but oh those gowns that snapped all around the arms were ridiculous! I remember having intense contractions trying to get in that stupid thing. I had to ask a nurse to help me
Leeza717
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HeatherJ » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:56 pm

I thought I'd want my own gown for labor and delivery, so I bought a comfy cotton nightshirt. But by the time I got to the hospital all I could think about was my labor and I happily put on the hospital gown! Right after delivery I wore the hospital nursing gown; it was really comfortable and I could easily have my little one to snuggling skin-to-skin underneath. But once I got a shower several hours later, I was really happy to have my own clothes. I wore comfy cotton lounge pants and nursing tanks. They were as comfortable as PJ's, but I felt more put-together having visitors. :)
Me - 27
DH - 30
Breastfeeding, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing SAHM to my beautiful (intact!) baby boy.
HeatherJ
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HeatherJ » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Leeza717 wrote:OT but oh those gowns that snapped all around the arms were ridiculous! I remember having intense contractions trying to get in that stupid thing. I had to ask a nurse to help me

OMG, me too!! Those things are ridiculous!! :D
Me - 27
DH - 30
Breastfeeding, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing SAHM to my beautiful (intact!) baby boy.
HeatherJ
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danika » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Heather9801 wrote:
Leeza717 wrote:OT but oh those gowns that snapped all around the arms were ridiculous! I remember having intense contractions trying to get in that stupid thing. I had to ask a nurse to help me

lol Yeah... they need a better design. Those who have the ones with holes for making breastfeeding easier are lucky!!! Aww Leeza that would have frustrated me too if I were having contractions and having to deal with putting that thing on! But hey it is better than messing up your clothing.
Image Image
Danika
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommy~AMY » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:19 am

Danika wrote:
Heather9801 wrote:

lol Yeah... they need a better design. Those who have the ones with holes for making breastfeeding easier are lucky!!! Aww Leeza that would have frustrated me too if I were having contractions and having to deal with putting that thing on! But hey it is better than messing up your clothing.

I definitely agree! I was having insane ctx while trying to change clothes and it was awful! The nurses were telling me that I'd have to put the gown on, etc and the door was still open but I didn't even care I started to strip down right then and there just so I could lay down!
Amy
Married to my wonderful DH since 2002

DS "D" 03/05
DS "Q" 06/07
DD "L" 10/08
DS "B" 11/11

Mommy~AMY
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Fourth Trimester