Looking for input...

Meet other moms who have chosen to stay at home

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Looking for input...

Postby kc12345 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Ok, so DD is 12 months... she is very happy, meeting all milestones, etc,. She is definitely not a snuggly, clingy baby. She loves to give me kisses and will play and crawl over to me, then play some more then crawl over to give a hug or kiss then go back and play. When we meet someone new, she is shy, turns her face into me and kinda smooshes against me while she smiles at them, but definitely does not reach towards a stranger. And if its a man, she's usually a little intimidated, which I think is fairly normal. Now here's my question, with my good girlfriends, who she sees quite frequently, she will reach for them... meaning, she will want to leave me and be held by them (without their coaxing). She does this AS SOON as she sees them. Is this normal? I know its silly but sometimes I feel kinda rejected. Its like she's soo happy to see them. when I ask other people about it, I've been told b/c I'm a stay at home, I'm not "shiny" to her, she's with me ALL the time. Ugh, I know its so silly, and I should be happy I have a social, secure baby, but is it weird??? Now if its just she and I, or she and DH, she will cry when I leave the room. I haven't tried this with a girlfriend of mine, but I'm afraid she WON'T cry (sounds, awful, I know).

Any thoughts? Thank you!
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby MightyMarj » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 pm

I think it's totally normal. DD is exactly like that. But if she's upset or scared, she wants her mama NOW. :hb: So I have no doubts she knows she's mine. I'll bet your baby is the same way.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kc12345 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:48 am

Thank you for responding!
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby specialkel » Fri May 06, 2011 12:44 pm

My DD is kind of like this, too. I totally understand how you feel. I became a SAHM two months ago and since then she never seems overly excited to see me, unless she's ready for some milk straight from the tap. :lol: But I'll take her "indifference" over being away from her 40 hours a week any day. :)
Me: 30
DH: 36
DD1: 4/26/10
DD2: 12/10/11
DS: 11/8/14
specialkel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Stay at Home Moms