Summer activities

Meet other moms who have chosen to stay at home

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Summer activities

Postby Emmo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:47 am

I thought this forum needed some love....

So, what summer activities is everyone doing to keep the kids busy? We go to the splash park a lot and the indoor play areas at the mall, chick filA, etc. Any other ideas out there? Any indoor ideas? (it's soo dang hot here and I am pregnant)
Me: 31
DH: 32
DS: 4 (Nov 2008 baby)
DD: 1 (Nov 2011 baby)

Image Image :cloth diapering:
Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsjuice » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 pm

If you go to this website: http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/ you can see if there is a bowling alley near you that has free bowling for kids. You can also bowl, but there will be a charge. If you can get a friend with kids to go too, thenyou can let the kids bumper bowl and you can just supervise :) I'm 35weeks pregnant and took my 2 year old last weekend - he had a blast!! I bowled too, and just used an 8 lb. ball (they had 6 lb. too, but my fingers didn't fit) - it was a lot of fun! Definitely recommend as an active indoor activity to beat the heat :)

We've also been to Chuck E Cheese a couple of times, just make sure you print some coupons from the internet before you go! A 2 year old doesn't go through a whole heck of a lot of tokens since he just wants to run from game to game...it's a good way to spend 1-2 hours and you don't necessarily have to eat there. Go in the morning when it's not crowded and leave for lunch, or just get a small snack while you're there.

Water parks are always a great idea - we've only went once, though. It was a blast, but I don't think I would take DS by myself - it's a little exhausting chasing him all over the place - much better if DH comes along to do most of the chasing :)
Susan (35) DH (45) DS1 (4) DS2 (2) Image
mrsjuice
Angel
Angel

Postby monkeysauce » Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Get a kiddie pool. My daughter is not quite 14 months old and I can already tell it'll be our saving grace this summer. Inflatable ones are easy to store and not too expensive.

We'll also be going to the splash park, the petting zoo, the indoor play area at the mall (the mall also has a merry-go-round, so it's a lot of entertainment!), and for walks in the woods where it's shady and cool. Oh, and the library. It's easy to kill an hour there and it's air conditioned.
Amelia Bel born 3/16/2011
monkeysauce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Stay at Home Moms