WOW

Meet other moms who have chosen to stay at home

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

WOW

Postby Emmo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm

This forum has gotten soooo slow!! What's new, ladies??
Me: 31
DH: 32
DS: 4 (Nov 2008 baby)
DD: 1 (Nov 2011 baby)

Image Image :cloth diapering:
Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:38 am

I know it!

Not much here. I finally got our master closet organized (we just bought the house 4 months ago and the closet was TERRIFYING) a couple of days ago. I feel so much better now that all of the baby's clothes have somewhere to hang instead of being piled in a basket and that I can WALK IN my walk-in closet...what a concept! We also ripped the carpet out of DDs room, but need to refinish the hardwood and paint before she can move in. I got a great deal on a crib mattress and Dutailier glider (paid $45 total for both), and my dad's family is sending us a super cute crib set, so I'm getting *kind of* excited to get her room set up (still not feeling ready to have my baby in another room though...thankfully we have lots of work before her room is ready!).

We finally seem to have found our groove with homeschooling, so I'm feeling better about that, too. Will be posting another blog here soon, life is just busy busy busy. :)

How are you?? Little girl is due soon, huh? Very exciting...I didn't have any idea how much fun a baby girl would be. They really are fun (or maybe I'm just having fun having a baby again after 5 years...whatever). :)
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emmo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 am

Yes, I'm excited about a girl. They are rare in my family, I have 2 brothers and a bunch of nephews, so it is going to be different for me. Less than 8 weeks away!

We've been trying to organize, too. Baby is going to have to share a room with her brother b/c my husband uses our third bedroom for his business :?, but that's OK, bc, like you, she will be in our room with us for a while anyway.

KUP on the homeschooling!

Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 pm

I never check in here because it is sooo slow!

Things are going well here. We just moved into our new house in Maine 2 weeks ago (moved from Oklahoma). What a long summer this has been! Little man just started walking. He's into everything. Being a SAHM is no piece of cake right now, while moving into a new house, unpacking, painting, doing housework, and trying to keep up with a very active, curious almost 11 month old!
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emmo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:57 am

Aw, you left OK, that's where I am. Where did you live in OK?

That does sound like a ling summer, especially in that heat we had.

Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:04 am

So fun that it's getting so close, Emmo! I'm sure the room thing will work out fine since your little guy is still so young. :)

Becca--moving with little people is HARD. I've done it a few times and oy. People think "you're home all day, shouldn't you have this done?" Yeah, right. We've been in our house for 5 months now and I still haven't hung pictures on the walls. Keeping up with a 5-year-old and a baby is impossible. I had us unpacked, walls and all, within a WEEK the last time we moved, LOL.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:18 am

Emmo wrote:Aw, you left OK, that's where I am. Where did you live in OK?

That does sound like a ling summer, especially in that heat we had.

Lived in Northeast Norman, near Lake Thunderbird, a mile from the OKC line. I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss the weather! I really do like Maine better... but I made lots of friends, and I really miss them :(.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 am

stefanielynn wrote:So fun that it's getting so close, Emmo! I'm sure the room thing will work out fine since your little guy is still so young. :)

Becca--moving with little people is HARD. I've done it a few times and oy. People think "you're home all day, shouldn't you have this done?" Yeah, right. We've been in our house for 5 months now and I still haven't hung pictures on the walls. Keeping up with a 5-year-old and a baby is impossible. I had us unpacked, walls and all, within a WEEK the last time we moved, LOL.

Yes, I do think people don't fully understand the challenge it is to stay home with busy youngsters all day! I mean, no one expects someone who works at a daycare to cook supper, clean house, do laundry, answer the telephone, unpack boxes and paint walls, in addition to taking care of the kids in her charge! :D

LO just started walking and he's teething hard in the bargain, so life just got really busy. I am trying to paint my kitchen, and it's *almost* done, but it takes so many coats to cover the dark panelled walls...

And yeah, I haven't hung any of my many pictures on the walls yet, except for two in the living room, to impress people that come in :lol: .

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Stay at Home Moms