working moms

Meet other moms who are working and also raising children

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

working moms

Postby zoee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi!I'm Zoee with a 4year old daughter.I just want to share my experience of being a working moms...It's a big responsibility for me to manage the household chores,to watch my daughter,to teach her,and to manage our small business at home.Time management is the only key to accomplish my duty as a working mom . :)
zoee
Friend

working moms

Postby zoee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Being a working mom is hard duty...You are always there even you are very tired.You have to be strong physically,and you have to be more patience to manage it all. :wink:
zoee
Friend

Postby Kozmik_burd » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm

I really don't want to complain but it feels like a working mom's job is just never done.

I do cost accounting and it is so stressful. Add a 2 year old very rambunctious son and I feel so overworked sometimes.

I feel like I am never rested enough but I wouldn't have it any other way.
~~~Jacci~~~
:hb: John Charlie 01/23/09 :hb:
:hb: Josi Mabel 11/10/11 :hb:
Kozmik_burd
Star Member
Star Member

Postby zoee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm

'Feeling you never rested' Yes I really agree for that! Because I'm always wishing to have a vacation alone!From a long hard work for being a working moms...
zoee
Friend

Postby dotcmfmom » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:23 am

Hello

I agree with you that the big responsibility is handled only moms because we don't have any capacity for that one and also one thing is there that she has feelings for her child which is not available with anyone.
dotcmfmom

Postby Shooting4fall » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 am

Yes! Overworked, Overwhelmed, and Underappreciated... that's the plight of 'mom'. I want a mini vacation too.
Kelly (30), ~Dh (31), ~ DD1 (5), ~ DD2 (4), DD3 born July 12th, 2010 (her sister's 5th birthday)
Christian, epidural using, formula feeding, Pampers buying, working Mama who loves her girls very much

http://ohthatmomagain.blogspot.com/
http://365daysofbiblicalencouragement.blogspot.com
Shooting4fall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Working moms

Postby zoee » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Shooting4fall wrote:Yes! Overworked, Overwhelmed, and Underappreciated... that's the plight of 'mom'. I want a mini vacation too.

i agree...
im just wondering; why does we mother can endure the fatigue and why the husband when they are tired they immediately took their nap.

it doesn't mean in general.
zoee
Friend

Postby dotcmfmom » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 am

My wife works and our kid never really gets sick. Maybe that's because I'm a stay at home dad.

Or perhaps this is just another piece of research that assumes outdated archetypes and is only published to be sensational.
dotcmfmom

Postby MsCherryBomb » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 pm

I completely agree. I work in a factory, have 2 step children 2yrs and 3 yrs and am pregnant. I work second shift 40+ hr wks. it seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day to have a full nights rest and complete everything that needs to be done. hopefully there is some way to master this balancing act. how ever a vacation to the bahamas would be greatly appreciated
Me:Stacey 24
Bf: TJ 23
1Ss 2, 1Sd 3
PCOS, IR, Hypothyroidism, and a Retroflexed uterus.

BFP: 9/4/11 -Blighted Ovum D&C 10/7/11
MsCherryBomb

Postby kerylina » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:37 am

Some companies provide the full support for working mothers so that can also look after their families their kids, and if need they are supported by parental leaves. They also provide the flexible hours to work so that they can support their growing family and can spend time at home.

http://www.ranker.com/list/best-compani ... mpany-info
kerylina

Re: working moms

Postby AlisonMalambri » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 am

Tips for Pregnant Working Women

1. Eat three to five healthful meals a day, as well as nutritious snacks, like cut up raw vegetables, fruit, yogurt, cheese, whole grain cereal without sugar, eggs, and so forth. Get four servings of calcium spread out over each day. Your doctor may prescribe special vitamins for you which should include folate and Omega 3. Folate and Omega 3 can help keep your mental health stable as well as your physical health. They are also necessary for proper development of your baby.

2. Keep healthful snacks available at work, such as: popcorn, peanut butter and crackers, cheese, hardboiled eggs, and fruit. Hunger or low blood sugar can cause nausea, but peppermint tea and soda crackers reduce it. Medication for morning sickness is available if the problem becomes serious, but there are safer and more natural remedies which may help you.

3. To stay organized, keep a notepad handy and write reminders to yourself at work and at home. List all appointments and responsibilities on your calendar, which you should keep with you at home and work. Stick to your schedule to avoid becoming overtired. Make sure you're scheduling relaxation and fun too!

4. Drink lots of water throughout the day to hydrate yourself. Be sure to get enough vitamin C from fruits, juices, or supplements.

5. Get ten or eleven hours of sleep per night.

6. Moderate exercise, such as walking, reduces the possibility of blood clots, varicose veins, and swelling of the feet and legs. Avoid heavy work and lifting, as well as heavy exercise. Swimming is a good exercise for pregnant women. Put your feet up at night.

7. Do not smoke or allow yourself to be near secondhand smoke; it is very harmful to you and the baby. Exposure to smoke can cause abortion, premature birth, low birth weight, and infant death.

8. Don't drink alcohol at all. There is no safe amount of alcohol during pregnancy. Even if your OB says it's fine, don't. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) causes severe retardation and birth defects, and it can be caused by small amounts of alcohol.

9. Don't take any medications - even if they're over the counter or herbal - unless approved by your doctor, especially during the first two months of pregnancy. The wrong kind of drug exposure may cause low birth weight, nervous system damage, and physical malformations to the baby such as heart problems and cleft palate.

10. Avoid video display terminals and microwaves.

Friend

Re: working moms

Postby LondonRoseIreland » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 pm

I work full time training gorillas at the zoo (and picking up their poo) and come home to 3 toddlers, 3 cats, an 80 lb dog and my husband. I often get overwhelmed but I wouldn't change a thing! BUT if I won the lotto I'd definitely be a stay at home mom and spend all my time with my kids and fur babies!

Twins (London Ivy & Rosemarie Esther) born April 14th, 2010
Ireland Lilly born October, 17th, 2011
LondonRoseIreland
Friend

Return to Working Moms