neeeeed sleeeep

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

neeeeed sleeeep

Postby anxious-annie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 am

ok, seriously...I know that there's the 4 mo. sleep regression and all but this has been going on since she was only just past 3 mos. and it's been going on for like 3 weeks! She is sleeping WORSE now than when she was a newborn!

DD finally got to the point where she would sleep from 7pm - 3am or 5am then again until 6am. NOW she goes to bed at 7 and wakes up every 2 hours until 3am and then wakes up EVERY HOUR!!! until 7am.

It wouldn't be quite as bad (though it would still seriously suck) if she took decent naps but she only naps for 1 hr at a time (has always been like this) and I can't fall asleep fast enough to make that work for me (takes 30 min for me to fall asleep during the day).

Any tips for getting her to sleep longer at night?? I'm seriously hitting a wall here and getting to the point where I can't function. DH can't even take a feeding for me to give me a little more sleep because she has started refusing the bottle for some random reason.

man, I need sleep. :(
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carrie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:58 am

Do you breastfeed? My son was a horrible napper when he was younger and he ate (breastfed) every 2 hours most nights. We co-slept so that worked for me...I rarely felt tired because I would feed and dose off.

I have learned that all babies are different but eventually fall into a better sleeping routine. My bad sleeper is now napping from 1-3 everyday and sleeps through the night.
Carrie 36
Tubal 1996
Reversal 2008

http://www.succeedwith124.info

ImageImage
Carrie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kc12345 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 am

Hang in there. My DD did this starting around 4 monthsish and it lasted a good month until we started sleep training her. Definitely a sleep regression. Its brutal. Is she happy otherwise?

Maybe consider taking her to get her ears checked? My friend's baby was doing that, up all night long for a couple weeks so they finally brought her to the doctor for sleep help (she was like 8 months, so she should have been sleeping through the night at this point, definitely a different situation than your's) and it ended up she had a double ear infection. Just a thought?
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby anxious-annie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:49 pm

I do breastfeed. The pedi told me I could try starting the rice cereal if I really wanted to, and really needed sleep but I'm trying to wait until 6 mos. However, at this point I may have to give it a shot to see if she'll sleep a little longer cause I'm reaching the point where I can't really function.

Other than the poor sleeping she's happy....ish. LOL! She's always been a pissy baby (apparently she gets it from her daddy who was also a pissy baby...yay :roll: ). But she's not any more pissy than usual and we just had her 4 mo. check-up so I don't think it's a health issue.

Guess I'll just have to ride it out another month until we can try sleep training.
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby specialkel » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:06 am

I have no advice, just sympathy. My DD has started waking every 2 hours again at night, I think because she's cutting another couple teeth. It's rough. (I don't believe in sleep training.) Hang in there.
Me: 30
DH: 36
DD1: 4/26/10
DD2: 12/10/11
DS: 11/8/14
specialkel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jamie81 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 pm

The only thing I can think of is that she isn't getting enough sleep during the day. I highly recommend the book "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" by Dr. Wiesbluth (not sure of spelling). It has really helped our family and DD (11mos) is for the most part sleeping 10-11 hours at night. Hang in there mama, it gets better I promise!
TTC#1 since July 2008
BFP 9/07/2009
Beautiful Madilyn born @ 37 weeks 05/03/2010 via c-section!!!
jamie81
Angel
Angel

Postby anxious-annie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm

She's getting enough sleep during the day...just not in chunks (like I think would be beneficial). She sleeps for 45min-1hr every 1.5 hrs. She used to be down for an hour and up for an hour but she's finally outgrown that and stays up for 1.5 hrs at a time now unless she's extra tired for whatever reason.

She's finally started sleeping slightly better...now she's waking up every 3 hrs and no more waking every hour from 3am on. Hopefully her sleep stretches will slowly get longer and longer like they did when she was a newborn.

ugh...I'm just looking forward to the night when I finally get a full night's rest.
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)