wont take a bottle

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

wont take a bottle

Postby sweetpnaigee » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Ds will be 10 months and he refuses to take a bottle. I worked until he was 5 months old and at 4 mos, he decided he didn't want anything to do with any bottle. He would eat 2 oz the most for the whole 9 hrs I'm gone. I'm going back to school in the fall and I would love to get him used to the bottle again. Maybe a sippy. He just bites and plays with the nipple. He just wants the boobie all the time. Suggestions?
Peter&Giselle

ImageImage

sweetpnaigee
Addicted
Addicted

Postby CamsMommy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Have you tried to give him a sippy cup yet? My DS likes the cheap take and toss ones because he doesn't have to work hard to get the milk or water out. It's worth a try. Or they have the sippy cups that have the soft spout too.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby molly » Fri May 06, 2011 5:22 am

My DS1 loved cups with straws at that age. 'Pigeon' make one called a Mag-Mag cup. It has a spout, straw & teat. Good luck!
ImageImage
ImageImage
molly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetpnaigee » Fri May 06, 2011 6:05 pm

He is starting to take his sippy now! and when I offered him apple juice and used a straw, he used it and loved it! :)
Peter&Giselle

ImageImage

sweetpnaigee
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)